LegacyGT.com

What injectors are you running?

Hello there again!

Hope everyone's weekend is going well :)!

Just wanted to ask a question. I have a used EJ255 (I have an ej20x currently) motor I bought and I am going for a forged bottom end. So I am looking to either get a MHI TD05 that has been rebuilt with a billet compressor or a Tomioka Racing TD05-20G ball bearing w/ billet wheel.

I was just curious to know what injectors everyone is running for either turbo; or if 800 CC would be enough (or more than enough) for either of them? I will be running the DW 255 fuel pump.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Carmania24

why would you buy a used ej255, then replace everything with forged? you can buy a forged shortblock ready to go 1800-2000$

If it was that cheap I would have bought one, all forged ones I have seen are nearly double that. Getting mine built and installed for 4K.

My motor needs a lot of work; had a shop look into for me. Was cheaper to buy a core than rebuild mine. If mine was rebuildable, I would have had him build off mine.

so just forged pistons? Because case halves are 600 new.

Curious about the economic viability of a shop that builds & installs a forged engine for $4000, which is half what everyone else charges.

parts list?

re: your original question. top feed 1000cc is the new usual minimum.

what's your power goals? e85? fmic?

so just forged pistons? Because case halves are 600 new.

Curious about the economic viability of a shop that builds & installs a forged engine for $4000, which is half what everyone else charges.

parts list?

re: your original question. top feed 1000cc is the new usual minimum.

what's your power goals? e85? fmic?

2 man shop, middle of nowhere, no overhead. He sent me pictures of previous builds and info about their shop. Made sure it was legit before agreeing to get it done.

For list of parts, please see the attached picture.

Gotcha, I will look into that. Any specific brand you recommend?

Power goals: 325-340WHP for now, next year get more power when it becomes my weekend car. TMIC for now.

Edit: failed to mention I have an EJ20X long block, and I wish to go back to EJ255 for this build. Most parts I found for EJ20X rebuild are overseas sadly.

819407609_image0(1).thumb.jpg.6b4b4cbd80e8a501f8337c9854644f75.jpg

Edited by Carmania24

You can get to 325 on stock side feed injectors but 350 might be out of your reach.

If you're going to switch back over to an EJ255 might as well do the whole top feed conversion and run 1050x's while you have the chance. It's overkill for your power goals but if there's a best time to do it, it would be now.

Injector Dynamic, (or Cobb, they are just rebranded), 1050‘S would be a good call. As mentioned more than you need for your power goals but similarly priced to smaller ones and you won’t be giving anything up. I’d go top feed at this point, if you can find OEM top feed fuel rails, it will help your budget, you don’t have to run aftermarket ones at your power level

You can get to 325 on stock side feed injectors but 350 might be out of your reach.

If you're going to switch back over to an EJ255 might as well do the whole top feed conversion and run 1050x's while you have the chance. It's overkill for your power goals but if there's a best time to do it, it would be now.

Thanks, I will go ahead and do that. Should I do a TGV delete while I am at it?

Injector Dynamic, (or Cobb, they are just rebranded), 1050‘S would be a good call. As mentioned more than you need for your power goals but similarly priced to smaller ones and you won’t be giving anything up. I’d go top feed at this point, if you can find OEM top feed fuel rails, it will help your budget, you don’t have to run aftermarket ones at your power level

Thanks, I will look into this. Did they make OEM top fed fuel rails for the legacy's? I could've sworn they did not, but I am probably wrong.

2 man shop, middle of nowhere, no overhead. He sent me pictures of previous builds and info about their shop. Made sure it was legit before agreeing to get it done.

For list of parts, please see the attached picture.

Gotcha, I will look into that. Any specific brand you recommend?

Power goals: 325-340WHP for now, next year get more power when it becomes my weekend car. TMIC for now.

Edit: failed to mention I have an EJ20X long block, and I wish to go back to EJ255 for this build. Most parts I found for EJ20X rebuild are overseas sadly.

Who is Dawn? Make with the pics

In your picture of parts you have an avatar that says I <3 Dawn. I want to know who Dawn is before I comment on your parts. Whats her involvement in this?

OH LOL, that was a screenshot my builder sent me. No idea who that is.

Edited by Carmania24

tbh, we're all for pics of Dawn, at the point.

However, I'm also confused about your question. Your Dawn teaser isn't readable so no idea what parts you have and are buying. The ej20 costs too much doesn't make sense, as it had to be cheaper than an ej255 at some point. Especially if you got tuned for the ej20.

If Dawn's shop is only building the shortblock, who is doing the rest of the work? And why not Dawn's shop for that too?

tbh, we're all for pics of Dawn, at the point.

However, I'm also confused about your question. Your Dawn teaser isn't readable so no idea what parts you have and are buying. The ej20 costs too much doesn't make sense, as it had to be cheaper than an ej255 at some point. Especially if you got tuned for the ej20.

If Dawn's shop is only building the shortblock, who is doing the rest of the work? And why not Dawn's shop for that too?

I have no problem with the ej20x block being rebuilt but I want to go back to ej255. Finding rebuild parts for ej20x is hard here, most come from overseas which is kind of iffy right now.

I do not mind them replacing it, but they are about 120 miles from me and tow on average is $3 a mile (some even $7 a mile). It ends up being cheaper if I have him drop the motor off (after being built) to the shop closer to me.