LegacyGT.com

2020 Touring XT on order

Since it's the week of the 20th and I hadn't heard anything further I gave SOA a call yesterday. It took a bit of doing for them to find it (sounds like some of the information was mis-entered somewhere along the line) but mine was scheduled for 7/14, released the same day, shipped by rail on 7/15, and shipped by truck yesterday.

If those dates mean what I think they do it was only built last week, so hopefully it left the factory with the 504 version already installed.

Either way, its arrival at the dealership should be imminent!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long has everyone been waiting for their deliveries? I ordered a limted XT the last week of February. After pestering my dealer for updates weekly, they finally gave me a ship date of 8/12, 6 months after ordering. Curious if they long delays are just for turbo models or all legacy builds were delayed. Wouldn't surprise me they are delaying it until after the 0% finance deal is over.

How long has everyone been waiting for their deliveries? I ordered a limted XT the last week of February. After pestering my dealer for updates weekly, they finally gave me a ship date of 8/12, 6 months after ordering. Curious if they long delays are just for turbo models or all legacy builds were delayed. Wouldn't surprise me they are delaying it until after the 0% finance deal is over.

I did the paperwork for mine in mid-February. The long wait for deliveries definitely wasn't helped by the 8-10 week closure of the plant due to the pandemic. It probably also doesn't help that Subaru doesn't sell nearly as many Legacys as their other models and of the ones they do sell relatively few are XTs, so they likely aren't building as many. I had to drive to a dealership almost 100 miles away just to find one to test drive.

Also that 0% financing has been extended three or four times already, so playing with delivery dates to avoid that seems relatively unlikely.

Edited by hatch97

My order was placed January 20. I think the XTs, especially the Limited models, were significantly delayed. I’ve been regularly checking various dealer web sites around me and I’ve seen a fair number of Legacys (Non-XTs)on their lots. In the pictures they show of the cars I’ve seen 6/20 as the manufacture date so they are coming in more regularly. And now I’m seeing more Touring XTs pop up and one or two Limited XTs. I was told Wednesday by my salesperson that my Limited XT now shows a status as “released”, so based on the post above I’m assuming that it may be on a truck as I write this, fingers crossed.

...but mine was scheduled for 7/14, released the same day, shipped by rail on 7/15, and shipped by truck yesterday.

If those dates mean what I think they do it was only built last week, so hopefully it left the factory with the 504 version already installed.

Either way, its arrival at the dealership should be imminent!

That sounds good to me! After reading your post I’m getting excited, my salesperson had called me Wednesday to tell me the status had changed to “released” so going by what you were told I’m hoping mine is on the way as well. I had called Subaru 3 weeks ago and was told his system was showing an arrival of 7/20-7/31. So that seems to be holding up.

The Estimated Delivery for mine was shown as yesterday as well which makes sense because I believe the port for the northeast is in Boston and you can easily drive from Boston to where I am in New York in a day.

The SOA rep actually said "I wouldn't be surprised if the truck is there and it just hasn't been checked in yet." No word from the dealer yet, but I might just take a cruise by later and see if there's anything that looks fresh off the truck.

Congrats! Got a text from my salesman mid-afternoon today saying they’re expecting my car to be in later this week.

Thank you! Hopefully yours will available very quickly. Anticipating today’s possibility I had cleared everything out of my old car early yesterday morning. So I was ready to go. I just wish it wasn’t so stinking hot, I’m trying to get the settings where I want them and I just have give up after a while and go back inside.

When I got mine and confirmed that it had 504, I’m sure yours will as well, I went around to the service department to speak with on of the service writers about my wife’s car. The guy just told me they always contact Subaru’s system and install whatever is shown there. He didn’t know about any specific software update and I don’t think he was really paying that much attention to what I was trying to say. I’m thinking not all dealers get the updates at the same time and when some check they get the system to state up to date. It may depend on what servers they connect to when their system checks. Kinda like smartphone updates.

• 1 month later...
When I first placed my Legacy XT order it was in January and the delivery schedule was shown as May. That was before Covid hit and up-ended everything. Finally got July 28. Four months seems to be fairly common for the Legacys, at least the XTs anyway. I agree that is not ideal but you have to decide if it’s the car you want. This is my third Legacy and I’ve not gotten any of them day one. One had to be acquired from an out of state dealer that took a couple days. The other one was from another in-state dealer that was available in a day or so. The Legacys, depending on versions, have always been an exercise in delayed gratification.