LegacyGT.com

Borla shoutout/warranty coverage

gtguy

(Not really sure if this is the right place, but feel free to move if not, Mods.)

I have been running a Borla cat-back on my Legacy GT wagon, and was the second owner. Had the tips lengthened to tuck on the wagon, and lived happily ever not-quite-after.

The years of playing rally car in sleet, salt and snow did a job on the Borla system, and first the Y-pipe separated (hellooo, duct tape!) and then one of the mufflers broke at the can, where the weld failed. Just rust.

Sent Borla an e-mail asking about buying a replacement can, as I knew they wouldn't warranty to the non-original owner. Man at Borla says, "Yeah, you're right, but send me a picture and I'll get you a price on a can." I do. Imagine my surprise when the next email says, "Hey, we'll warranty this, just send me your phone number and shipping address."

I was stunned. But instead of sending JUST a right-side can, they send a whole new catback system! Pretty cool. Knock me over witih a feather, and count me as a Borla customer for life. Wanted to post a cool story here, and maybe other folks running Borlas in the Salt Belt have had or are having issues. Might be helpful.

Good to hear - Borla being mounted up to my LGT this week...;)

Went with it due the fact my Y-pipe over the axle rusted apart for the 2nd time this winter - and when I pulled off the factory mufflers - they were in bad shape too:eek:.

Bodes well for hoping to get 3-4 years out of the Borla (That's my thoughts on when I'll ditch the car at this point...:icon_redf)

Wow, that is awesome! Really nice to hear that they took care of you. I have recommended them for a long time after having one of their systems on my fourth-gen Camaro years ago, and then installing one on my 2005 LGT wagon.

Actually got me to thinking about how long I've had the Borla cat-back on my Legacy..... well, I installed it in August of 2007, about 114,000 miles ago! Being down in the south, without the salt in wintertime, it has held up very well.