LegacyGT.com

Any reason not to lower front only?

Artizan

I really want to lower my car, but to be honest, the rear height really doesn't bother me much, it's the front that drives me crazy.

So I got this idea, why not get lowering springs for the front only? Not sure if I should just put them on and switch the shocks when the stock ones inevitably get wrecked, or just do the combo right away.

Either way, is there any reason not to lower front only? I'm only looking to drop it by like an inch.

It will change the dynamic stability you're used to slightly, and depending on where you live might be against the safety inspection laws.

I would look at getting the front alignment adjusted as well.

It's just a lot of effort for a small change. You might want to compare the investment of time and money against other mods you might be interested in. You might be surprised to learn you could save a little more and potentially upgrade all the way around or do an exhaust system instead. There are so many better ways to spend money on a car besides only changing half the suspension.

It will change the dynamic stability you're used to slightly, and depending on where you live might be against the safety inspection laws.

I would look at getting the front alignment adjusted as well.

It's just a lot of effort for a small change. You might want to compare the investment of time and money against other mods you might be interested in. You might be surprised to learn you could save a little more and potentially upgrade all the way around or do an exhaust system instead. There are so many better ways to spend money on a car besides only changing half the suspension.

I'm aware of other mods. I'm just one of the stupid ones who prioritize looks first :)

It's not the ride height but the spring rate I would be concerned with... most lowering springs have a different rate than stock and your car will be all out of sorts if the back end is wobbling around but the front isn't.

I lowered my car with white line springs and while I like them the one thing I noticed was I got a larger front drop than the rear. Now low profile cars disappear faster under my deck in the rear view and I had to adjust my headlights. No big deal because I have the same rates all around and it handles very well, just minor inconvenience/annoyance.