LegacyGT.com

Footwell lighting recommendations?

I have a 2015 legacy 3.6 with eyesight and I’m looking for a footwell lighting kit. I checked the oem parts and it says that they can’t confirm fit for this model. Anyone add footwell lighting? What kit do you recommend?

I have a 2015 legacy 3.6 with eyesight and I’m looking for a footwell lighting kit. I checked the oem parts and it says that they can’t confirm fit for this model. Anyone add footwell lighting? What kit do you recommend?
Best kit is from XKGLOW Full Bluetooth Controlled and pretty cheap.. Full RGB Color Change..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I added the oem footwell kit to my 2015 legacy 2.5 limited with no issue. I was initially looking at aftermarket for the color customizability, but a lot of the companies I checked out couldn’t confirm fitment in my vehicle, or would involve tapping into fuses or wiring.

The oem kit was a straightforward install and taps into the power for your hazard button with a plug, rather than the options listed above. A bit of a pain fishing the wire through the dash, but doable if you have a friend at the other end. I don’t hate only having blue, but sometimes wish I had more colors. Just my two cents! Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, I think I will try the oem kit. I don’t mind just having blue. Especially if NYLO day it was a pretty easy install. Other than fishing the wire, probably just a pain pulling the dash apart.

Thank you, I think I will try the oem kit. I don’t mind just having blue. Especially if NYLO day it was a pretty easy install. Other than fishing the wire, probably just a pain pulling the dash apart.

Good choice! I only removed the trim around the hazard button, glove compartment panel, the glove compartment itself and some minor trim pieces that hold everything together (because of course every piece has another overlapping it). I think it took me about 30 minutes from start to finish with no instructions so you should have no problem, just be gentle so you don’t break any tabs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got blue led strips which were under $20 added a blue switch I had on hand tapped into the power for the armrest cig adapter. It was real easy and far less cost for a brighter light instead of the $100+ kit that’s what 1 led per side. I’ve got pics in my thread of the switch and all. I put the switch on the same plastic as the shifter. Yeah it prob adds 15 min to the install but the savings is well worth the task.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Thanks , I looked at your thread quickly and didn’t see the overview of the install. I will look again- did you do a full instructional? The simplicity of the OEM kit is nice but I assume they are powered on all the time since there is no switch? I like the idea of the switch

I dont have pics of it all but basically what you do is remove the lower black plastic parts under the dash as I said I used led strips which have 3m tape on em. ran the wire through the hole that is designed for the oem leds. Where your usb ports are there is a rubber mat. Take that out then pull off the 2 small black plastic sides. Now you can pull up the shifter cover. Doing this you will have to move the car out of park to get it all the way out. Once out you will have access to the cig power from armrest.

GCg3z4w.jpg

that white plug is the cig power

ZPd4yD5.jpg

kN0AmvS.jpg

Wish i remembered the wire colors but i dont so u will prob want to use ur multi meter to figure out what is positive and what is ground. The switch I used had Power, Load, Ground cuz it glows blue when on.

YXNn1H4.jpg

I should add I didn’t use a fuse cuz we are talking about very low amperage and that circuit is fused already. When figuring out polarity of that white plug I made a jumper w 2 1” pieces of paper clips. That went to alligator clips to my multi meter. It is imperative that they do not touch each other while testing. Once you know which wire is what pull your ground off your battery before you start cutting wires last thing you want to do is blow the fuse or tcm. If the run is too hard consider taking the head unit out. When I did my run I replaced my tan dash anyways so I took the glovebox out as well as the driver side plastic that has the buttons on it. This allowed me to zip tie my wires clean.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Almost forgot to add on the other side of that black plastic I used quick disconnects for the wires this way I can take that whole plastic part out of the car if I need to without messing with the leds. Sorry it took so many posts but I wanted u to have as much info as needed to do a good job. Best of luck

—————————————————

More to come...