LegacyGT.com

H/O alternator

Anyone installed a h/o alternator on their 6th gens?

Thinking about putting one maybe 240-300amps alternator but concerned of it’s gonna affect anything on the car such as eyesight and other factory accesories..

Ask Grnlantern or look up the thread he made. I think it was apex can’t remember but it’s in the forum guess it’s build to order. I almost went with one but after the system and big3 I don’t have any light dim issues and my amp meter shows I’m in line with what the car puts out as is. But hey if u want it do it just means u have more amps to do more cool stuff.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Ask Grnlantern or look up the thread he made. I think it was apex can’t remember but it’s in the forum guess it’s build to order. I almost went with one but after the system and big3 I don’t have any light dim issues and my amp meter shows I’m in line with what the car puts out as is. But hey if u want it do it just means u have more amps to do more cool stuff.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Ah ok cool,I’ll check it out,I don’t have any dimming at all,I’m still thinking about it,eithe I’m going alternator upgrade or just add a second battery,I’m only pushing 2200RMS from 2 amps and 1200rms from subs so maybe stock alt is fine?

Edited by PATS4LIFE

I prefer a capacitor that can match the draw of the amps at peak. This way when your system is cranked and hits hard the cap can give you that extra power you need in a smaller size then an extra battery. The extra battery is great when there are lots of big subs and amps in the trunk. Plus it’s a little more of a pain cuz it won’t discharge like a cap will so then you look into marine switches to add to the circuit or when you drop the car off for service and they remove the battery leads from under the hood that positive would still be hot.

—————————————————

More to come...

I forgot to add before but my battery died before I started doing my system install so I put in a higher cold crack battery which would be another thing to consider rather then putting 2 battery’s in.

—————————————————

More to come...

I forgot to add before but my battery died before I started doing my system install so I put in a higher cold crack battery which would be another thing to consider rather then putting 2 battery’s in.

—————————————————

More to come...

Ok cool,I already have red top optima,I’ll just look for a cap,I have one here but only 1K farad.

General rule is 1 farad per 1000w rms. It doesn’t hurt to go higher though. In my situation I went 5 farad which is more than needed but the one I choose has a built in distribution block. I also loved the idea of a voltage and amperage readout.

https://ds18.com/products/infinite-5-farad-extreme-ion-capacitor-station-with-digital-voltage-amperage-display

—————————————————

More to come...