LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I've had this happen on the last 3 packages. All showed up, but ranging from a few days to a week late. Think they're struggling right now.

Same; last package I had got stuck in my local distribution hub for 8 days before delivery. But I've had other packages show up with no delay at all.

Dang! Guess I'll have to be a whole lot more patient then.

I'm torn between taking things apart now and installing everything I currently have or waiting it out.

It's taken me over a month to get all the parts I need to replace my fuel rails along with the fuel lines. That is assuming the last remaining fittings actually arrive today.

I'm terrible about waiting to collect everything...

I have some suspension parts coming to update/replace 15yo/200k bushings and such.

But I took a one hour break in grading finals to install an EL header. :lol:

I'm terrible about waiting to collect everything...

I have some suspension parts coming to update/replace 15yo/200k bushings and such.

But I took a one hour break in grading finals to install an EL header. :lol:

Coolest professor ever

I'm getting ready to replace my dw65 with an aem 340. On another note, my china Android stereo finally died.

I'm in need of a double din stereo. Anyone have for something for cheap? I don't need Android auto or anything fancy. PM me if you have something. Thanks.

I'm getting ready to replace my dw65 with an aem 340. On another note, my china Android stereo finally died.

I'm in need of a double din stereo. Anyone have for something for cheap? I don't need Android auto or anything fancy. PM me if you have something. Thanks.

I actually may have what you need. Bought DD set with radio that I think is couple of years old. And i want to (at some point) get a Android unit similar to what my middle son got for his 10 OB.

PM is incoming.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Good to hear you're still alive and kicking and driving the subie, Alex!

Considering the amount of heartache and walletache I've received from the car, I can never let it go. I lose interest in it from time to time and entertain the idea of selling it. But then I take it for a late night drive and remember what boost feels like and I change my mind instantly lol.

Which ELH did you go with?

I went with one from 1320 Performance.

I really wanted one from KillerB, but I didn't have that much in the car fund.

I read a number of good reviews and I found one on eBay that was ~40% off list as a customer return. Wasn't sure I would like the sound of EL with the Stromung, but figured for the price if I didn't like it, I could recoup my costs fairly easily.

Welds looked good, fitment was spot on. Drove for a bit tonight, was easy on it because I'm not tuned for the EL yet. Sound was definitely more mellow than with the stock manifolds. There is still enough there to be good for me sound wise, I'm looking forward to the lower EGTs, little more torque/HP, and smoother running.

Parts are ETA Monday. I have everything working in the lock/handle department so might as well just put it all together now so I can at least drive the car. Rubber stands and what not can be installed later.

Things are starting to become real for me. Shop called me Monday saying the block was about done, but they're waiting for head gasket to arrive (I asked to have them source that for me). In the meantime, I pulled the old motor and am in the process of pulling the heads off (to be reused with new SB) and getting the old SB cleaned enough to bring to the shop to hopefully get a core charge back.

Ordered a Fluidampr on Monday with an expected ship date in June, but it shipped from a couple of towns over and showed up at my doorstep yesterday. Picked up a free donor '12 STi steering rack from a friend to salvage tie rods and hydraulic lines from for my '15 STi steering rack swap. Also ordered some replacement OEM hoses (breathers and turbo oil return) along with a vacuum hose kit to hopefully replace all of the dried and cracking vacuum hoses around the IM.

While waiting for the HG to arrive at the shop, I'm hoping to get everything else done while the motor's out of the car. Everything else includes repairing the starter solenoid wire (need to extend it a couple inches), running my MBC remote cable through the firewall into the cabin, pulling my LC1 WBO2 and installing my new Spartan2 WBO2 instead and installing the '15+ STi steering rack.

Then it's time to get back to working with some of the RomRaider guys to work on open-source live RAM tuning!

Last week, while enjoying S# for a few seconds, a vacuum line popped off. I took it down to PIA and they put it back on with a bit of adhesive.

And I picked up a pair of Hella Supertones. They had some cars out in front with them and they gave me a quick demo. Definitely loud, and certainly louder than the Sharptones that a coworker put on his STi. They'll be another thing to put on when I pull the bumper for the JDM grill (and maybe Depo headlights).

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Then it's time to get back to working with some of the RomRaider guys to work on open-source live RAM tuning!

Someone actually made progress on that? I’ve seen several people make attempts (including our very own NSFW) but never anything functional. You have to move the tables into RAM upon boot and modify every bit of code that references them, which getting the tool chain set up to even do is a huge lift.

Though if anyone can make progress on it it’s you!

There's a Slack group with NSFW, myself, and a couple of other guys where we've been mostly thinking about it on-and-off for quite a while now. The approach these guys have come up with is less painstaking than what you described (needing to modify every bit of code that references the tables). At the moment, I think the major hurdle is writing to the RAM via SSM, which may take a little bit of ROM patching. I haven't really done much work yet besides port aijiimod to my ECU, but once the LGT is back up and running, I'll have a testbed to help these guys out and hopefully get this working for the public.

There is one guy out of Russia that has already gotten live tuning (even better than Cobb's implementation) working, but he's kept it proprietary for obvious monetary reasons.

Misfire diagnosis is an exhaust valve. Only at idle, drives great otherwise. CPs, plugs and injectors all fine, compression is fine, but idle misfire won't leave #4. My news today $650 later.

How long could/should I drive it? The SB only had 14k miles on it and I don't wanna ruin it, could use it eventually in my wagon.

How much should it be to pull the heads and rebuild?

It'll be hard for me to lose money on the car, so it's not a big deal. Just don't want to continue down that hole too far.

Edited by BoozeRS05

650 seems reasonable to pull a head, replace valve, a little cleaning, new gasket and re-assembly.

Sounds better than my quote to replace my rear wheel bearings for over $1k. I was feeling lazy and was going to pay to have it done, till i got the quote.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Misfire diagnosis is an exhaust valve. Only at idle, drives great otherwise. CPs, plugs and injectors all fine, compression is fine, but idle misfire won't leave #4. My news today $650 later.

How long could/should I drive it? The SB only had 14k miles on it and I don't wanna ruin it, could use it eventually in my wagon.

How much should it be to pull the heads and rebuild?

It'll be hard for me to lose money on the car, so it's not a big deal. Just don't want to continue down that hole too far.

Probably a burnt valve. I had the same thing on cylinder 4 on my SWP wagon. Pulling the heads, machine work, new timing gear, head gaskets, maybe looking at $1.5-2.5k cost wise to have someone do it around my neck of the woods.

Also, I have not forgotten about your (my old coils). I have moved the new set next to the car in the garage. Only problem is, my wife decided we needed to renovate the new to us house, so my garage is now a contractors spray booth for doors, trim and cabinets :spin:. Soon my friend.

Edited by Gex

Haha, I've been waiting as patiently as possible for a PM. Thanks for the update, all good homie.

Idk what to do with it at this point. I go back to work today and I'm slammed so it'll get some miles regardless. Not sure I'm willing to throw $2k at it again, but we'll see what I can work out.

Here's his site (all in Russian): https://vk.com/ecuresearch

Interesting. One of the features offered is switching maps via cruise control buttons, similar to SI-Drive.