LegacyGT.com

"Brake" warning light coming on under heavy acceleration

The other day leaving work I got on it a little as I left and noticed that my "Brake" warning light popped on quickly then went out. I was accelerating at that point, no brakes on. It went away and haven't seen it for a few days.

Tonight I just upgraded to stage 1 and took the car out for a ride. I got a good straightaway and nailed it. Somewhere near the top end of first gear the light popped on again and then my engine cut out (felt like a hard bounce off the rev limiter type of thing). I let off, light went out. I got back on it and car had shifted onto 2nd. Light came back on.

I was tooling around a little more afterward and it came on one more time.

What the heck is it?

If I hadn't seen it the other day it would be easy to suspect the new tune I just installed. The light comes on well in advance of the redline rpm so it wouldnt seem to be that. The car is an auto so it cant be me holding a gear too long.

Any thoughts would be great.

Low brake fluid. The float in the reservoir on the brake master cylinder is clicking on the brake light when you accelerate because the g-forces cause all the fluid to run to the back of the reservoir, leaving insufficient fluid to keep the float at it's proper level. to remedy this situation, add proper brake fluid to the reservoir.

You live in Georgetown? That's cool. My girlfriend's parents live in Georgetown. We live in Rowley. Me and you are practically neighbors!

I would also say low brake fluid. But, adding more fluid is not the answer. That'll only make the light go away. The real problem is that your pads are probably low and you should replace them.

Archived