LegacyGT.com

looking for info on 2.0 JDM swap into my GT Wagon

Can someone point me in the right direction just spun a bearing on the GT and looking for a cheap alternative. It is a daily driver simple stage 1 AP with SF intake and AVO TMIC that's it.

What I know:

I need to swap cam gears, exhaust manifold, uppipe, Intake manifold and wiring.

What I am not sure about is the 2.5 injectors etc.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/08-subaru-lgt-2-0-jdm-swap-279553.html

A lot of us don't recommend doing that.

Its hard to find parts later on if you need them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

you do know you can get a brand new shortblock for 1800 bucks vs whatever your planning... just throwing that out there! All that time and effort acquiring the extra parts, the searching on the net to figure shit out, plus the time troubleshooting ..... brah, u call heuberger, next week shortblocks on your doorstep, one or two days later your done.. what your thinking is a project..... unless you have a spare 2.0 laying around, i would first crunch the numbers...

someone was just posting about this, and i think they said there is a group/shop/garage that has figured it all out... but I don't really know any other details other than that...

either way i can see a 2.0 on a wrx.... not this fat ass pig called the lgt....

did u pull your block and inspect? if the journals and walls aren't damaged you can sell the parts to compensate or just rebuild it even. if the journals were damaged they might be saved by a simple line bore.... you got options...

first off what made you think to go 2.0??

The guy that is doing the swap has done it a few times already with great success.

I spun a bearing I know this based on my multiple WRX builds. This is my daily beater so I just want something that is reliable.

I will be switching over complete intake manifold, cam gears, injectors, remove twin scroll and put in all my exhaust components, turbo, EGR. I also have access to a tuner to do a street tune and make sure everything is functioning.

there is only one place I know of in my local area In Missouri that does JDM swaps. They do them the right way. I am personally not going that direction. they do them all the time and have never herd a problem from any customer down the roads years later.

Their are bunch of shops that claim to do them, but they seemingly only get them running and driving, but not running and driving properly. They cut corners on the required maintenance (every one should have timing belt due to age) and they don't tune them.

Their are bunch of shops that claim to do them, but they seemingly only get them running and driving, but not running and driving properly. They cut corners on the required maintenance (every one should have timing belt due to age) and they don't tune them.

I have to agree with you on this. I talked them about swaps and they said that it would be wise to buy and bring in a full timing belt kit, have them tune it on their dyno, plugs, and so on. That starts to get up towards the price of short block and other things.

I not sure if others have time and a daily like I do, but do not be in a rush. Do it right or pay the price.:spin:

OP if you want you can pm me for my builders number, he’d love to help you with 20X/Y swap questions. We go through an importer on the east coast and get full great condition engines (most of the time w/ no turbo) in the 1000-1300 range if you’d want to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-1.3k .... just pay 1.8k and move on... no manifolds or this or that.... how did this become a trend lol

I think people here JDM and still think it's maybe the cool thing or way to go. I also saw Soo many guys trying to sell there 2.0 JDM swapped cars for 8-10k all over the place. Funny thing is they always had odd issues they mentioned in the add. wiring was the main things and other things that did not work.