LegacyGT.com

Sti Alternator Cover

So I got tired of looking at my belts and pulleys and thought a 07 sti alternator cover looks nice and nothing too much.

Read on here that it fits without any metal brackets. So I ended up getting on.

Now I tried installing it and it won’t fit.

At first it felt like it was just my turbo inlet was in the way so I pushed on it. But then it wouldn’t go on straight I noticed my alternator adjuster was in the way. Also sitting it where it would fit. I noticed there is a good 2 inch gap between the little bracket on the power steering pump and the bottom of the spacer on the cover.

Anyone install one of these? I see there is two other brackets one that goes on the other side of the alternator with a bushing and one that goes on the side of the ac compressor.

But don’t want to get any other brackets to make it look stock until I figured out why it won’t go on. Also looking at some install guides for a grimmspeed alternator cover on a sti. It looks like it uses the same bracket on the power steering pump.

Any ideas?

I used a Perrin STI alternator cover. I used the spacer provided for the left bolt and I lined up the hole onto the thin alternator cover bracket and drilled through. Then I used my own bolts and lock nut setup with threadlocker to secure the right side.

Found out why it wouldn’t fit.

The wrx/sti power steering bracket/alternator tensioner is shaped differently then the LGT. On the LGT the tensioner bolt is straight up And a lot taller and gets in the way of the cover while the wrx/sti angles to the left.

Found a bracket close for cheap paid $10 for it and it worked.

Only other thing that I’m not too worried about is the ac compressor and bracket is also different. So the other bracket on the ac that bolts to the cover also doesn’t reach or fit.

But I’m sure 2/3 mounting points is good enough and if my ac compressor ever goes maybe I’ll get a sti one to replace it.