LegacyGT.com

Free SSM software does it work on 6th gen?

Hi all, does the SSM free software work on 6th generation and did anyone play with idle RPM adjustment?

I need to increase rpm for 70-100 rpm when AC is on.

I noticed car shaking when at stop lights with ac on and only when radiator fans kick in.

Looks like ECM is not increasing rpm enough.

Edited by aki334

So you are trying to raise the rev limit for the car? what car/engine are you working with? (pedal commander looks to be a throttle controller) - for turbocharged Subarus that Cobb supports, they raise the rev limit on some of them... they don't generally do the NA engines, though.

So you are trying to raise the rev limit for the car? what car/engine are you working with? (pedal commander looks to be a throttle controller) - for turbocharged Subarus that Cobb supports, they raise the rev limit on some of them... they don't generally do the NA engines, though.

it is N A 2.5l and as I said above, sorry I was not very clear in my question, I am trying to raise idle rpm when ac is on by about 100rpm to eliminate engine shaking.

I noticed when at stop lights with AC on once radiator fans kick in, it will start to shake.

Cleaned the TB and MAF, AF is new and no change.

... I am trying to raise idle rpm when ac is on by about 100rpm to eliminate engine shaking.

I am not aware of any publicly-available hardware/software tools that will allow you to modify Subaru ECM firmware like that. Even if possible, it would probably be illegal to do so.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I am not aware of any publicly-available hardware/software tools that will allow you to modify ECM firmware like that. Even if possible, it would be illegal to do so.

Increasing RPMs is very normal, I can do it with VAG COM software on my VW car, I am sure there is high and low limit so no one can make it idle at some extreme rpms.

Just watched the video where rpm was increased with free ssm on older subaru.

Someone must have some experience with ssm 3 that covers up to 2018 model years.