LegacyGT.com

Hand motion door unlock both doors

Sometimes when my wife and are getting into the car and I position my hand to unlock the door, her door will unlock also, but not usually. We've tried having her use her hand at the same time without consistent results. Does anyone know a sure fire trick to this?

I gave up trying to figure that out. Use the fob instead if need to unlock all doors.

What I have been doing is stand next to the door and have my wife open the door first. This unlocks all the doors when she grasp the handle first.

What I have been doing is stand next to the door and have my wife open the door first. This unlocks all the doors when she grasp the handle first.

Yes, that was supposed to work but only did like once for me. I got tired of being yelled at to open the door so press the fob button.

There is a setting in the main screen, to make touching the driver side dour handle open all four doors.

Not near my car at the moment, but it was one of the first things the dealer changed and told me about regarding the center infotainment screen.

The fact that all doors open when the passenger side door handle is touched is expected behavior.

The reasoning seems to be that if someone is climbing into the car as a passenger, there necessarily is a driver climbing into the driver-side; When climbing in as a driver, there is no indication that someone else is coming along with you.

So it’s a safety feature. If you or your wife are alone and you or her goes to open the drivers side door, it only opens that one so no one else can jump in your car. The passenger side will unlock all the doors, it’s the way it’s set from the factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it’s a safety feature. If you or your wife are alone and you or her goes to open the drivers side door, it only opens that one so no one else can jump in your car. The passenger side will unlock all the doors, it’s the way it’s set from the factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I’ve found. If someone will be riding with me such as my wife, or I need all doors opened, I go to the passenger door first and as soon as I touch it all doors unlock. If I’m riding alone then I just go to the driver’s door.