LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

So... I fixed my squealing front brakes by un-seizing my caliper pins a few weeks ago. They're squealing again. I'm thinking replace the pins and boots. What is a good lube to use?

Scotty

If you can find it SylGlide (i believe that's how it's spelt)

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

If you can find it SylGlide (i believe that's how it's spelt)

Sil-Glyde, and it's found at NAPA in the states:

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK7651351?cid=paidsearch_shopping_dcoe_google&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsuP5BRCoARIsAPtX_wE6dMHx_BEddUm9XqgH6TKjiFIeii9gnzt3ZKrJdFwL4RF7W3hv0wAaAgEEEALw_wcB

As for the electric impact wrench, I'll recommend the Ingersoll-Rand W7150 again and again.

*UPDATE* Spec. B is up and running but took some time. Shipping from the US was long as I usually cross over to pickup but with pandemic going on I can’t cross without quaranteen.

Here’s this summer’s mods;

Perrin turbo inlet blue

Perrin brake cozy (had to fill my cart for free shipping, was missing like $3 so I bought it)

Samco bpv hose blue (get the wrx its longer and less of a fight to connect to TI and no need to remove intake)

Samco tmic coupler blue

All vacuum hoses blue (siliconehoses.com)

Whiteline 20mm adj rsb

Whiteline 6mt shifter bushings

Moog rear endlinks, they’re beefier than stock

Strongflex rsb poly bushings sport

Avo rsb support brackets, a must!!

Ngk sparkplugs LFR6AIX, didn’t want one step colder

Mishimoto t-bolt clamps, and fuel injector clamps to replace all worm clamps and oem tiny tie wraps on vac lines, that’s why this whole endeavor started, the oem worm clamp ripped oem turbo inlet!

Vf52 with ported wastegate

Invidia divorced dp with DEI titanium wrap

AEM 340lph fuel pump

Grimmspeed flange adapter for DP, not really a mod but...

Custom made front grill delete, kinda looks like JDM Spec. B

Trunk duckbill lip, however I couldn’t do a decent paint job to save my life but you can’t see imperfections at 120kph!

Oem mud guards found at kenny upull, painted and found ss steel mounting hardware. I didn’t want rally armour look

Goodridge ss clutch line

JDM ABS cover for powersteering reservoir

Thermal Zero blue turbo blanket

Muteki steel lugs black

Cobb caps, 1.1 and 1.3 bar

Cobb stg2 91oct map, until I get protune

Royal Purple rear diff and tranny fluid change

ATE Type 200 DOT4 complete brake fluid and clutch fluid flush

Mods done last summer;

Megan racing coilovers

Strongflex front swaybar bushings sport, and rear diff rear subframe bushings sport

Prothane steering rack, front control arm and rear diff cradlemount poly bushings

K&N panel air filter

K&N cabin air filter

SPT catback

Cobb exhaust hangers

And for icing on the cake, when all this was said and done and ready for coolant bleed I checked around to see if any leaks or what not and found that my AVCS feed line was leaking from the underside in the rear of the head before flare, hard to notice so I lost about 2-3 oz of oil directly on heat wrapped uppipe, Great! So add IAG AVCS SS oil feed line to the list AND a week, AND I had to rip everything I just put in to acces under intake UGH!! However, it only took me about an hour and a half all replaced and put back in ready to prime feed line. Oh the smoke show when I started her up! I did a few cycles and two or three short rides until oil consumed itself and ended up doing an engine shampoo anyways. No more smoke or smell.

I am not posting this to brag or anything just to express the fact I’ve waited a long time to finally practice a passion and enjoy the work and learning experience. Alot of it due to you guys and this forum, and the vacation pics:). I used to be a Ford guy, well still am, 2015 Edge Sport, but I had alot of Fords back in the day including a 2001 Mustang Bullitt, hence my nick. However, even though I haven’t posted that much or asked a ton of questions, I read ALOT from here. For the few instances where I probably asked dumbass noob questions you guys always gave me a pro answer. This forum and family is worth more than gold. Thank you

Now how the hell do you put pics up in here?

Merci beaucoup from your cousin up in french country up north, or east if your already in maple syrup land!

Just replaced the starter in the wagon on a friends lift. Also replaced the tranny cross member with one from the spare 5mt that had stiffer bushings.

Doing the starter on the lift was a 10 minute job. The cross member took a while because we had to figure out how to support the tranny. Ended up loosening all the bolts and then lowering the car so a floor jack and some blocks could support the tranny. Left the car about 2 feet in the air.

Lifts are great. LOL.

He did mention that the starter in his 2008 Porsche Cayenne needs to changed, seems you have to remove the intake manifold to do that. Told him to do some research and we could do the job next month when it cools off a bit.

The starter I put back in the car was the OEM that came in the car. Had to grease it years ago and had it sitting in the shed for years. The body shop guy's put the (replacement) starter in about Feb, 2013 while the car was in the shop. That replacement starter began to not engage the starter gear into the FW sometimes. The other day I had to try and start it three times before it would spin the engine over. It started doing this about 8 months ago.

I wasn't about to go through another Winter with that.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Among all the posts about massive builds and intricate repairs, I replaced the right-side stop light bulb yesterday with the standard 7443 factory incandescent bulb featuring 19th century technology. I was born to work on steampunk cars.

Just replaced the starter in the wagon on a friends lift. Also replaced the tranny cross member with one from the spare 5mt that had stiffer bushings.

Doing the starter on the lift was a 10 minute job. The cross member took a while because we had to figure out how to support the tranny. Ended up loosening all the bolts and then lowering the car so a floor jack and some blocks could support the tranny. Left the car about 2 feet in the air.

Lifts are great. LOL.

Screw jack is your friend. With a lift you will find soooo many uses for it. Decent one can be found on amazon for a reasonable price.

Edited by m sprank

Screw jack is your friend. With a lift you will find soooo many uses for it. Decent one can be found on a reasonable price.

Yes, we realize that, just need to go and get one. Two old guy's with to much time on our hands...;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Hello all I am new to this community as well as new to owning a Subaru. I was wondering what modifications i could make to my 2009 Legacy 2.5i, i'm looking to make it a fast daily driver so any suggestions are welcome thanks!

Sorry to tell you what we all know. Sell it and go buy a GT.

There is not much if anything for those engines.

Yea basically what max capacity said. Best thing you're gonna do for power is maintenance. Make sure it's all running smooth, be prepared for head gasket leaks.

Then put your money into suspension and sways and just go autocross for your kicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, Is an engine swap at all possible?

Not even close to worth it. Used long blocks are like 3-4k. In unknown condition. You'll need a new engine crossmember and new exhaust. I'm not sure if you need the ecu, probably. And I'm not sure if you can change the ecu without change the biu.

For all that cost and effort you could just buy a lgt. I mean what's your goal. Stay stock stay happy. I'm like 20k into my obxt and I wouldn't call it reliable yet. And that's a stock build.

If you want a reliable car with awd. Well you got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we realize that, just need to go and get one. Two old guy's with to much time on our hands...;)

Once you have one, you will ask yourself why you did not buy two. If you have a lift, buy two. Honestly, one of the most overlooked and useful tools.

Once you have one, you will ask yourself why you did not buy two. If you have a lift, buy two. Honestly, one of the most overlooked and useful tools.

This has been added to the list. Thanks. ;)

I went for a drive today and creeping out of a red light feedback knock went down to -7! then stayed at 0 all the back home, non-spirited driving. No rattles or whatsoever loose, so the ride after decided to punch it and datalog a small 3rd WOT pull, (cause I'm a scaredy cat, I have stg 2 91oct with vf52 swap but probably need a tune for security) Here is the excel file. Any issues or am I safe until protune coming soon?

datalog7.csv

Edited by luckybullitt
added attachment

I went for a drive today and creeping out of a red light feedback knock went down to -7! then stayed at 0 all the back home, non-spirited driving. No rattles or whatsoever loose, so the ride after decided to punch it and datalog a small 3rd WOT pull, (cause I'm a scaredy cat, I have stg 2 91oct with vf52 swap but probably need a tune for security) Here is the excel file. Any issues or am I safe until protune coming soon?

Shouldn't be running that VF52 without a protune. Very likely to overboost and hit lean conditions that you aren't tuned for even with a OTS tune. Especially so if you're stage two with an aftermarket down pipe.

Sorry the file was not attached to my post, noob mistake. I hear what you say Notorious!

Tune on the way very soon meanwhile no boost and on snail mode on SI Drive. I have Vf52 obviously, catless dp, tbe 3'', perrin turbo inlet, AEM 340lph fuel pump, new fluids and spark plugs, k&N panel filter and Cobb stg2 91oct OTS. Was just curious about the numbers compared to datalog pre-swap. Seemed consistent. Are you able to open file, as I am new here not sure I did it correctly. I still don' know how to post pics. It's an Excel. Thx

datalog9.csv

Edited by luckybullitt