LegacyGT.com

Lane Centering. What’s your verdict?

I generally like and use it, but it’s not perfect.

I feel like the car does a good job when it drives itself (hands off wheel).

But at times it feels like the system is fighting me and pulling very hard to the right (never to the left).

I haven’t figured out a way to comfortably and lightly hold the wheel in a way that lets the system do its thing and not get me barked at for not holding the wheel.

(Ps, I have the latest update which allegedly improved the lane centering function. I noticed NO difference)

Edited by Blackbr
Add ps

• 1 year later...
any update on the possibility of calibrating this system? I just picked up a brand new 2022 legacy touring xt and it still wants to hug the right lane.

Hi blusubado

Did you look in the settings? I recall seeing something in that selects the bias for the lane centering. On my way home, I will see if I can find that setting and give you an update.

Update:

On the Display, go to:

Settings -> Car -> Eyesite.

There you will see an entry for which side of the road you drive on. I think it is defaulted to RIGHT. Try changing it to LEFT to see if it makes a difference.

Edited by laufu

I changed those setting and it didn't seem to make any difference. I'm wondering of that setting is for Europe where they drive on the left side of the road instead of the right line here in the US
Only country in Europe which drives on the left is England and Ireland. [emoji6]

Mine bounces between the lines, definitely no centering. Some people have reported improvements after a calibration but it's hit and miss.

Edited by caddygti16v