LegacyGT.com

Clunking from front end

Has anyone else experienced a clunking noise from their front end when going over bumps at low speeds, maybe around 5 to 20mph? I got under there and checked the sway bars. Everything seems tight. Car has 16k on it. I’ll have the dealer check it soon when I get my service and software update. I’ll post results here.

Not so much that but when making sharp turns going up my driveway extremely slowly. Not so much a clunk but a gravelly sound. Dealer check it and could find nothing. I checked it and the only thing I could “guess” is it is the insulation underneath the chassis next to the drivers door. I’ll be interested to hear what you find.

SVXY - if you have locking wheel nuts check underneath the trunk board and see if the 4 (One from each wheel) from each wheel, didn’t get out of the package and are rolling around in the tire.

Speaking of noises, one time I had a noise in my front cabin that was vibrating or clicking to the driver’s side. This was in a Nissan many years ago. I took the car back and a “brilliant” employee, and I do mean that, found what it was. In the eye glass holder, my glasses were clicking and moving at times as they weren’t sitting in there solidly enough. I took them out and/or moved them around and it stopped! The vibrating sound was emanating from one location and ending up in another.

• 2 months later...
SVXY - if you have locking wheel nuts check underneath the trunk board and see if the 4 (One from each wheel) from each wheel, didn’t get out of the package and are rolling around in the tire.

Speaking of noises, one time I had a noise in my front cabin that was vibrating or clicking to the driver’s side. This was in a Nissan many years ago. I took the car back and a “brilliant” employee, and I do mean that, found what it was. In the eye glass holder, my glasses were clicking and moving at times as they weren’t sitting in there solidly enough. I took them out and/or moved them around and it stopped! The vibrating sound was emanating from one location and ending up in another.

Exactly what happened with my GF's '20 Legacy (we both have identical cars). The noise was driving me crazy coming from the right I thought. I opened the glass holder and removed a pair of plastic glasses making the noise...

Her car also had a bad clunking noise in the right front door. One of the steel rods inside the door was left completely loose with the nut not tightened...

• 9 months later...
I’m not sure if this is the same issue you’re describing, but I had a clunk/pop type noise and it ended up being a loose bolt on the pitch stop mount. Once they tightened it, noise stopped.