LegacyGT.com

08 Legacy has 'Er Sp'

You may want to make sure all the grounds are clean, including the battery. this may help.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...

grounds cleaned, car was driving perfect (except spedometer still not responsive) until I hit a pot-hole and the check engine light came on.

also immediately the car started shifting funny

P0700

P0720 - Output shaft speed sensor circuit

Took into another ASE certified highly rated subaru shop for diagnoses, they said something about they think my front passenger bearing could cause circuit/connection issues with vibrations, and also that

"the speed censor in front passenger was the one that spoke directly with cluster"

I called every dealership in the state and several subi mechanic shops and no one could verify that information for me...

However, when I went to the get the wheel bearing from dealership the parts guy showed me a transmission wiring harness which had all new wires and 4 sensors, he said he was almost willing to bet his job that that's what it was.

appreciate the help, I'll update when solved..

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

You should find some useful info in these.

In the back of the books are pictures of how thing work.

Also check out the the very first forum here, at the top is a sticky, oppsed forces link.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived