LegacyGT.com

Higher Milage 2.5i Anything I Should Know?

Varano14

Hi guys first post on the site, hope I'm doing everything right.

But I'm looking at purchasing a 2007 2.5i Legacy with 100k miles on it.

I've done plenty of forums searching and have not been able to turn up much on the none turbo models.

So I turned to the internet, and found lots of reviews saying that as long as you take care of them these cars can last a long time.

Also the dealer, is a family friend so I trust that she won't intentionally sell me garbage, but she doesn't deal in Subaru's specifically so there is the possibility that she over looked something.

So my question to you is when I bring it home over night for a test drive what should I look and listen for.

Lastly I'm only just graduating high school and haven't had the education in cars that some people had but am very eager to learn so if you point something out please be specific.

Thanks in advance!!!

welcome

you need to find out what kind of maintenance has been done to it. specifically timing belt, water pump and other belts.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

100k is higher mileage? That's still a baby in my opinion. Taking good care of your car, it should last like 300-400k or more no problem. BTW, is this 07 an auto or manual? Manuals are a lot funner to drive, they feel faster.

the drive by wire unit is already in the car, it electronically controls the throttle of your car then the throttle controlling device hooks up to that (located on the top of the gas pedal) and let's you control the amount of throttle at the push of a pedal in 3 modes (sport, eco and normal)

It also has use on the manual but I've noticed far more admiration for it from AT users like me... haha

Sorry if I'm still not getting this straight. So this is something already in the car I may just have to tweak setting?

Or is it two separate things one being there already and one I would have to add?

Like i said some what clueless with stuff lol

if you know how to private message someone, contact pansontw. He's the one who sells the product and can give you loads more info. it only cost me 125 or 135 shipped I believe. so worth it though, the sport mode is so fun.

sorry for not being clearer, didn't read the last sentence in your original post til now. haha

welcome to the forums anyway!

the drive by wire unit is already in the car, it electronically controls the throttle of your car then the throttle controlling device hooks up to that (located on the top of the gas pedal) and let's you control the amount of throttle at the push of a pedal in 3 modes (sport, eco and normal)

It also has use on the manual but I've noticed far more admiration for it from AT users like me... haha

might have to check this out. is installation hard?

might have to check this out. is installation hard?

not at all. just plug and play, they recommend taking your gas pedal off to install it but I got it in without doing that. You have be kind of creative where you put all the wires but that's about as hard as it gets.

here's a good thread to look at: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-test-ntd-throttle-control-unit-123112.html?t=123112&highlight=ntd+throttle

Archived