LegacyGT.com

Andrew's DiySB Rebuild

What color combo should I paint my block / heads / valve covers?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What color combo should I paint my block / heads / valve covers?

• everything SILVER
    • everything RED
    • sb RED / heads SILVER / vc's SILVER
    • sb RED / heads SILVER / vc's RED
    • sb SILVER / heads RED / vc's SILVER
    • sb SILVER / heads RED / vc's RED

Baby #5...how's that keep happening...:)

Best of luck to you and the wife.

I'm,

Waiting for the first grand child to make an appearance very soon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So I was thinking Today, I knew the wagon looked familiar... I'm Tyler the one with the White Wagon at the meet on Saturday. Awesome to see another wagon in Cincy. Let alone a GT 5MT.

It was nice to meet you, Maybe one of these days we can get a legacy meet setup:)

7UNoj6L.jpg

mqlmem5.jpg

Those are pretty good pics!

It was good meeting you and seeing your wagon. There are only two Legacy colors I like more than my silver... white and the S402 blue :)

I'm definitely down for a Legacy drive/meet sometime. My friend and I are almost finished putting his LGT motor back together, so that's at least three of us.

Those are pretty good pics!

It was good meeting you and seeing your wagon. There are only two Legacy colors I like more than my silver... white and the S402 blue :)

I'm definitely down for a Legacy drive/meet sometime. My friend and I are almost finished putting his LGT motor back together, so that's at least three of us.

Hey, black wagon's matter too. LOL Sorry, couldn't pass that up...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 2 months later...

So I pulled out my starter a few weeks ago in an attempt to figure out why my friend's rebuilt motor wouldn't turn over. Turns out (pun intended) I'm an idiot and forgot to connect one of the starter wires on his starter. Problem solved and his YNANSB rebuilt motor started up on the first try.

While my starter was out I noticed that the end of it was pretty grimy, like it was oily and dirt was sticking to it. I don't know how it could get that way unless the rear main seal is leaking.

I fixed my problem by ignoring it and putting the starter back in without even cleaning it off. Maybe one of these days I'll get out my borescope and look down in there and try to get past the flywheel to take a peek at the seal.

• 2 months later...

It's still misfiring as much as before, but everything else is great. The right rear corner is sitting a little lower than the rest of the car so my suspension may get some attention this summer. 13+ years on the stock suspension isn't bad, but I'm not looking forward to spending the money on all of the other under-body crap that I probably should replace "while I'm in there".

I haven't driving the car much this winter so I'm ready for a fun drive. My friend's '08 LGT is running good (we rebuild it last fall/winter) and he'll probably be interested in joining us.

The Kentucky Speedway track day should be coming up sometime in March. $40 for a few 100+ mph laps is a steal of a deal.

Kentucky speedway sounds like a killer time, didn't know they did that. Is it set up with cones like a pseudo autox course or just flat out around the oval? If definitely be down for a relaxing cruise next month one the summer tires are back on.

Kentucky speedway sounds like a killer time, didn't know they did that. Is it set up with cones like a pseudo autox course or just flat out around the oval? If definitely be down for a relaxing cruise next month one the summer tires are back on.

Flat out.

Kentucky Speedway website says limited to 70mph behind pace vehicles. That's disappointing.

It's also not true. Maybe it is sometimes, but when I went a couple years back the pace truck was doing well over 100. Several of us got up to around 120mph on the front straight. Maybe they evaluate the vehicles as they show up and pace everyone as they see fit. My guess is they advertise the 70mph limit so the event doesn't get out of control. It's gotta be a huge liability letting civilians drive around on a race track.

• 3 months later...

A qt of oil every 3000 miles ?

Yea, that paint chipping and what not is why I didn't bother, beside you can't hardly see the heads anyways.

Edited by Max Capacity

:lol:

And Max Cap is the best at recommending checking our oil :spin:

Would you like me to stop doing that ?