LegacyGT.com

Throttle Body Hose trouble

Dear All,

A few days ago a hissing, an air leak, started under >1 bar of boost, I looked at the coupling between the throttle body hose and the I/C (AVO aftermarket) and saw it being ripped from the clamp and sticking up from the I/C.

Back then, I thought, no biggie, de-oil it, put a new clamp and new coupling (not sold separately in reality), tighten as hard as possible and OK.

But it didn't fit, I couldn't manage the bottom of the I/C outlet to fit the OEM hose, I could put a finger in there. I managed to rotate the hose, big PITA, put the factory coupling, tighten it. Now, at least, the car runs, but under boost the leak is still there...

Has anybody changed the OEM hose to an aftermarket? It seems that Mishimoto's (who have an EU warehouse, thank god) hose is longer - that's what I need I hope.

mishimoto.png.95076d422dd7292e676fd20344cb856e.png

IMG_20201010_162859187.thumb.jpg.d97c2e75fc5b82c5dcfbf70e0347c4d8.jpg

Put a little dishwashing liquid on the inside of the hose, it should help it side on.

That new hose being longer should help.

We all know the OEM hose is a PITA.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
I suppose a marketing gimmick, but this hose should outlive a pair of these engines lol...

Funny story about life time warranty. Back about 1994 I bought Tune up parts for my 1986 Ford F150. The distributor cap and rotor had a life time warranty.

I laughed and told the kid this store will be gone long before these parts wear out. I actually replaced those pieces 19 years later in July 2013. That cap and rotor had around 30,000 miles on them.

Oh that store, it was gone with in 6 or 7 years later.

Sorry to hi jack the thread...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here