LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Lighting Threads

Changed my headlights to Diode dynamics and finished adjusting the vertical alignment. I read online there is a horizontal adjustment on newer models but can’t find it. Anyone know where that horizontal bolt is located in a 2018 legacy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2015 Legacy 3.6r. I believe the headlights are already LED. I would like to change the fog lights to LED as well as the reverse lights and interior lights. Any recommendations or thoughts?

I have a 2015 Legacy 3.6r. I believe the headlights are already LED.

Your OE headlights are HID. LED headlights didn't appear as OE on Outbacks until MY 2018.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I have a 2015 Legacy 3.6r. I believe the headlights are already LED. I would like to change the fog lights to LED as well as the reverse lights and interior lights. Any recommendations or thoughts?

Yes, go to Diode Dynamics website and get their lights. Best on the market imo. I got their LED high beams, all inside lights, trunk light, license plate lights, and the C-Light switchback LED halos:

https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-vehicle.html?find=2015-subaru-legacy-319453&sid=K8ZXR6iT2c

• 1 month later...

Interesting note regarding aftermarket LED headlights, marker lights, and driving lights on my 16 Legacy: I asked the dealership to troubleshoot erratic timing with my remote start run times. They advised the aftermarket LED lights were most likely causing the vehicle to run 5 minutes one time and 14 minutes the next. I was told I’d have to return them all to stock if the issue persists. I returned the markers to halogen stock bulbs and refuse to change my headlights and driving lights back. Oh well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turns out my fog lights are h16 and not h11 like every website tells me. How annoying.

Did you consult your Owners Manual? The answer is there. In the U.S., Legacys with "steering responsive fog lights" are H11, while those without are H16. It's been that way since MY 2015.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I’ll post this here but it might belong elsewhere:

Today around dusk I had a 2018 outback behind me running the c lights only (no DRL) and they were BRIGHT. Didn’t appear to be modified in any way and the driver appeared to be a typical triber. Did the C Light get a boost after 2016 and was there a DRL change? It was definitely bright enough for a DRL imo.

Today around dusk I had a 2018 outback behind me running the c lights only (no DRL) and they were BRIGHT. Didn’t appear to be modified in any way and the driver appeared to be a typical triber. Did the C Light get a boost after 2016 and was there a DRL change? It was definitely bright enough for a DRL imo.

2018-2020 outback/legacy C-lights is the DRL Lights.

Did you consult your Owners Manual? The answer is there. In the U.S., Legacys with "steering responsive fog lights" are H11, while those without are H16. It's been that way since MY 2015.

Hahaha I never really looked at the manual, I assumed it wouldn't be in there :lol:

• 7 months later...

I've searched through this thread and looked through this thread and I can't find an answer, so maybe I'm blind or someone can help.

Has anyone changed the color of their control panel lights? Like the A/C, steering wheel ones? I'd like to get them to be blue and match the ring around the speedo and tach.

I'm not a great fan of the red lights because the seem harsher to look at. Blue is more soothing and softer on the eyes.

Thanks

I've searched through this thread and looked through this thread and I can't find an answer, so maybe I'm blind or someone can help.

Has anyone changed the color of their control panel lights? Like the A/C, steering wheel ones? I'd like to get them to be blue and match the ring around the speedo and tach.

I'm not a great fan of the red lights because the seem harsher to look at. Blue is more soothing and softer on the eyes.

Thanks

I was looking for this option for a while, and could not find anything :( Would be nice if someone can drop any idea on how to achieve this

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'm having a hell of a time getting this solved. So I have a 2018 Legacy and I've been doing a LED conversion. Of course I have the hyper flash going now. And in my searches I've found we need a replay and where it was located.

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2018_Legacy/49298605__6023726/ELECTRICAL-PARTS-BODY-INSTRUMENT-PANEL-14MY-16MY/G33-835-05.html

Shows we need a relay.

However......

As many of you know they got rid of the relay (from what I can tell). And the answer is to solder resisters into the line instead. I'm not super fond of that idea.

Are there no plug in resisters that would go between the light and the plug?

Is there really no relay to swap out?

Is there any other way besides soldering a resister inline?

I'm having a hell of a time getting this solved. So I have a 2018 Legacy and I've been doing a LED conversion. Of course I have the hyper flash going now. And in my searches I've found we need a replay and where it was located.

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2018_Legacy/49298605__6023726/ELECTRICAL-PARTS-BODY-INSTRUMENT-PANEL-14MY-16MY/G33-835-05.html

Shows we need a relay.

However......

As many of you know they got rid of the relay (from what I can tell). And the answer is to solder resisters into the line instead. I'm not super fond of that idea.

Are there no plug in resisters that would go between the light and the plug?

Is there really no relay to swap out?

Is there any other way besides soldering a resister inline?

From my knowledge, I think Diode Dynamics has a resistor that does not need soldering. I'm not sure about the quality of the resistor though as I have never tried it. Maybe that might work for you?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

From my knowledge, I think Diode Dynamics has a resistor that does not need soldering. I'm not sure about the quality of the resistor though as I have never tried it. Maybe that might work for you?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll look into it.

The resistor isn't between the light and 12v line. Its in parallel. 4 to 5 ohms it the value. Look for chassis resistors. The cheap Chinese resistor can get hot very quick. Vleds and diode dynamics do have kits. No new relay is needed. Also on my 2015 legacy there is not much room for the front turns. Purchase a bulb that is the same length as the incandescent bulb

Oh yes the vleds and dd kyt resistors don't need soldering they are t tap connector but do get loose. Damn I just realized I modded my rear taillight harnesses for led turns with the chassis resistors wired into with a two pin connector for my 07 spec b but it a pain to upload from my phone

• 1 year later...

Hi Im new here and just purchased a 2019 Legacy base model. Want to add factory fog light kit. I found one for a 2018 and 2020, nothing for 2019. I read directions for both kit and purchased the kit for 2018 model year. everything is going well but can not find th harness for the fog light switch to plug into the dash. Any ideas.

Thanks,

Tom

• 3 months later...

"typical triber" there are very few typical people I know in outback or legacy. I saw a 60+ yr lady with a shot gun rack in the trunk of her 2017 legacy (It also self closed ). I asked why , her answer "traffic".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk