LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Took it out of the garage after resting for a couple weeks to go look at another used motorcycle. Looks like I have found it 2002 ZRX1200R, not perfect. But rebuilt with some care where it matters and will need some new bits to clean it up. Hit the spot on price point.

Pics?

I finally gave her (the 05) a good wash and wax. Wow, the car looks surprisingly good. Will try to post a pic later.

Later tonight. Cuttin out early to go pull the cash. Can't think of anything else today. :spin:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5996905&postcount=340

Here is a pick over on the MC thread.

Edited by kzr750r1

Well my brake light started staying on until the engine warmed up and coming back on under hard acceleration or hard braking. Since I did the fronts and a bleed less than 6 months ago I thought the rear just be worn.

Well they aren't but I had new pads so just did it. Might just need a fluid top off. I'll check tomorrow after bed in and cool down. Anyone want some free rear (outback) pads at about half life?

ae2978ef117bbda9d164b68f178ce238.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it was on the low side but at minimum line when cold the first time it happened. Granted literally nowhere in my apartment complex is even mostly flat. Could have been lower than I realized. I didn't see any leaks anywhere when I did the steering rack but I didn't look super hard.

Started working on wiring plan. Picked up some satin black krylon for the grille and clear coat for the headlight lenses. Hood is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Also snagged some 2011 wrx wheels for a great price. I am thinking about painting them burnt bronze. Depending on their condition I may just run them as they are. I dunno.

That's what I did to the shield to get the right beam pattern:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5843433&postcount=66

So in the pic with both shields, the left is LHD and the right is RHD? For LHD the shield would be higher on the left looking out from the bulb correct? The reason I ask is it looks like my headlights are already swapped. Just double checking. Thanks in advance

Say I place my eye where the bulb sits in the headlight unit, and the shield is placed in front of me, then the higher area (or wider area) of the shield should sit on my right given our driving position. We want more light output towards the right side of the road. Does this make sense?

This was the before picture:

attachment.php?attachmentid=270152&d=1540677718

This was the after picture (correct orientation)

attachment.php?attachmentid=270153&d=1540677718

Reporting that I installed fresh inner cv boots on both of my front cv axles. These were a year old axles I bought :eek:. FEQ brand.

I installed OEM boots and grease. Interesting observation is that they no longer make my trans/car vibrate on hard acceleration around 20 mph. Only change here is the grease.

Side note: car is about 1.5 inch above OEM ride height.

IMG_20201026_191013.thumb.jpg.9944ea231eda048398ec3135ad5471ce.jpg

Reporting that I installed fresh inner cv boots on both of my front cv axles. These were a year old axles I bought :eek:. FEQ brand.

I installed OEM boots and grease. Interesting observation is that they no longer make my trans/car vibrate on hard acceleration around 20 mph. Only change here is the grease.

Side note: car is about 1.5 inch above OEM ride height.

Hmm maybe that's what I've been feeling.... I'll check them again tomorrow during my oil change.