LegacyGT.com

Confused... Wheel Grinding

For a couple days now I have been hearing a grinding in my front passenger side wheel when I take a sharp left. I know I have a small tear in my passenger sde cv boot, but I always thought that when a cv joint goes it is a clunking, not grinding sound. I also thought if it was my wheel bearing it wouldn't only be grinding when I turn. I was thinking I might have a stuck caliper because it is inconsistent grinding but then that doesn't really make sense to me either with the whole turning thing. Unfortunately, I'm visiting family in CT now and don't have a way to really check anything. I was hoping you guys might have some input for what I should look for when I get home next week.

Its a wheel bearing, its grinding when you turn because you are "loading" that side of the vehicle while turning. But these things are known to need front calipers too.. At least this past year I know of 3 mass members that needed at least one caliper.. N.E sucks, your in ME I know you know what Im saying

Wouldn't I be loading the side I'm turning into? If I'm turning left doesn't the car lean that way and put more downward force on the drivers side, not passenger? Or is it the force from the car trying to prevent the lean? Sorry I sometimes over think things. At least it will be an easy fix....

when you turn left you load the right side, when you turn right you load the left side, body roll goes away from the turn not into the turn.. check caliper also before just throwing a bearing in there, just cause its a known issue in shitty climates/road conditions

Usually yes, but it's worth checking anyway. Sometimes the grinding noise is only audible at certain pressure and when the pressure gets harder it changes to a frequency beyond human ears.

Just so you don't waste money on something that isn't a problem and is easy to check.

453747.png

I would agree with a wheel barring, and just last week my right front caliper sized at 112k lmao... so it made a griding noise and when I washed the car, I noticed the right rotor smoked when water hit it vs the left... just another quick test if u have been light on the breaks be for the wash as I had just went 1.1miles to the store and back... lmao

Archived