LegacyGT.com

2015 3.6 Exhaust

Anyone able to find an exhaust system that gave your car a nice low rumble? I'm trying to stay away from the high pitch "rice burner" sound. Something like this would be epic.

Starting to think my best option might be to take it to a custom shop.

Not just the CVT. The Nameless ABE I had on my '08 STI droned like crazy at normal, around-town RPM. I had to shift to a lower gear to keep it from droning.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Is the Lachute system not produced anymore? It does sound real good.

Magnaflow mufflers w/ Vibrant resonator is always a good choice. Oh, and Raptor headers :D

I couldn't find a Lachute system available for sale. Ya I'm thinking a custom is going to be the best route to control the sound the way I want.

The nameless axle backs sound really good *however* because of the cvt the amount of drone inside the car is crazy(imo).

Mine are hanging on the wall in my garage - put the stock back on...

After watching a few videos on the Nameless axel back that was my concern. Plus they sounded a little poppy at higher revs.

Not just the CVT. The Nameless ABE I had on my '08 STI droned like crazy at normal, around-town RPM. I had to shift to a lower gear to keep it from droning.

I loved the nameless ABE on my '12 WRX(sedan), reason I bought it for the Legacy..

5" iirc, also had their catted downpipe installed, stock mid pipe

Same here. I had to stay very close to 3k RPM in order to keep the boominess down. I couldn't stand it.

I had a Invidia Q300 but have to cut and reweld the Midpipe.. It has a nice sound..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FWIW, I've never read about anyone saying they didn't like how the Q300 sounded.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Anyone able to find an exhaust system that gave your car a nice low rumble? I'm trying to stay away from the high pitch "rice burner" sound. Something like this would be epic.

Starting to think my best option might be to take it to a custom shop.

I clicked on the link expecting to hear what the muffler sounded like. Instead all I heard was annoying music playing over everything including the initial muffler sound at idle... And that took 45 seconds of music and fluff? Listening to the car on the road while the same music was faintly playing I could only hear tire noise and mudflaps?! The last 5 seconds of the video had the car accelerating.

-Do you want a sound track playing as you drive around or do you want a good sounding muffler? LOL.

I clicked on the link expecting to hear what the muffler sounded like. Instead all I heard was annoying music playing over everything including the initial muffler sound at idle... And that took 45 seconds of music and fluff? Listening to the car on the road while the same music was faintly playing I could only hear tire noise and mudflaps?! The last 5 seconds of the video had the car accelerating.

-Do you want a sound track playing as you drive around or do you want a good sounding muffler? LOL.

I mean, driving around with your own personal sound track would be pretty epic but I would settle for a good sounding exhaust.