LegacyGT.com

gst or yimi for a tune.

zanzabar

i am doing a vf52 swap in a month and there are 2 shops close to me that i am trying to pick between. would you guys go yimi or gst? gst is closer and has a good reputation, but only do AP pro tunes. yimi is a bit newer and does open source, but does not have the same reputation that mike and gst have.

i am a bit torn since i could drop it off and get it back done from GST, they would get most parts for me and cover their work. while yimi i would most likely go to my mechanic run it easy with spring boost and then sit around and wait for a tune and risk not having a tune for a bit.

Just curious how much are they charging for the AP tune?

both are $450 for a dyno tune on a fresh vf52 swap.

Go to Snail Performance in Rocklin @ FW Motorsports way worth the drive up there.

i am doing a vf52 swap and have no feasible way to get that far out, then back, and then back out again.

Why can't FW install your turbo then.

it is just too far away. GST seems very popular and they have been helpful in making sure i was going to get what i wanted out of the car. they are also about 20min away so if anything happens i can get it towed or make a quick run down there.

• 1 month later...
How much do they charge to install a turbo & tune?

Best to call or email them for a quote, plus you can answer the relevant questions that will happen unless you email them all the details about your build. (did you change the fuel pump, injectors, etc.)

Best to call or email them for a quote, plus you can answer the relevant questions that will happen unless you email them all the details about your build. (did you change the fuel pump, injectors, etc.)

I haven't changed them yet. I was planning on installing them the same time the turbo goes in or maybe before

• 5 weeks later...

Archived