LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

You could hold out for an Onyx XT. It's not leather. ;)

I do want to see and feel that material in person. If it really does breathe then it'll make my decision more difficult. My reasonable side tells me that I should really get the 2.5i as long as it's adequate because I won't be tempted to modify it.

Just looking at the XT, I already want to upgrade to an FMIC or AWIC, and the rabbit hole just gets deeper from there...

The 2.4 is plenty of power in the Ascent, I can't imagine it will be lacking in the outback/legacy. I recently had a 2019 Legacy and I can say it had a very good feel to it as far as a highway cruiser, I wouldn't mind one for a daily driver at all.

I think he's wondering about the 2.5i NA.

My reasonable side tells me that I should really get the 2.5i as long as it's adequate because I won't be tempted to modify it.

Just looking at the XT, I already want to upgrade to an FMIC or AWIC, and the rabbit hole just gets deeper from there...

The modifications for the 14-18 FXT and WRX CVT are limited by the HTCVT. For engine mods, I would not surprise if ends up being a tune and exhaust if you want more sound will be the typical mods.

I think he's wondering about the 2.5i NA.

The Legacy loaner I had was the 2.5i and it definitely doesn't lack for power just cruising about. And the CVT is much smoother in it than in our Ascent. Shift points are a terrible idea and need to be eliminated.

The 2020 Outback is really calling to me today. I love the green exterior with the black cloth interior.

Does anyone know if the DI issues have been resolved yet? Or is cleaning the intake valves just part of the maintenance?

Part of me really wants the XT, but I'd hate to have to have leather seats. I'll need to test drive a 2.5i Premium to see if the power is adequate for me or not.

Personally I'd wait for the new model to be out for a bit... see if they can work out the kinks and such.

Personally I'd wait for the new model to be out for a bit... see if they can work out the kinks and such.

I'm thinking of buying in early 2020. If I am going to sell the GT, and I haven't decided on that yet, I'd rather people test drive it when it's nice and cold out.

I get the 2020 XT onyx kicks every now and then too. Would be a nice tech upgrade with some fun under the hood. Would give me a vehicle to lift and make my offroader too, and allow the FXT to get the slam treatment :). I'd be happy taking one of y'all's GTs though if you decide to go OBXT. Lighter on my wallet for that next vehicle down the line.

Really getting the RWD coupe/roadster itch.

I'm thinking of buying in early 2020. If I am going to sell the GT, and I haven't decided on that yet, I'd rather people test drive it when it's nice and cold out.

Out of curiosity, why are you considering selling your GT? I'm assuming because of age, or because it has issues?

Out of curiosity, why are you considering selling your GT? I'm assuming because of age, or because it has issues?

Age and the safety features available on new vehicles are a big part, but I also picked the LGT as a compromise of a bunch of wants and needs of mine: commuter, reliable, fun, capable on dirt roads, and some others. Now I'm in a part of my life where my needs and wants have changed some, and I'm thinking about not compromising as much. That said, it's actually very hard to think of parting with it. It's a good car and it really does just about everything that I ask of it. One option I am considering is to get a new Outback 2.5i Premium and just go all out on the LGT. I'd have a reasonable and capable daily in the OB, and a manual AWD fun car in the LGT. IDK though, I go back and forth a lot.

Luckily I have decided to not buy anything until 2020, so I have lots of time to figure it out.

Age and the safety features available on new vehicles are a big part, but I also picked the LGT as a compromise of a bunch of wants and needs of mine: commuter, reliable, fun, capable on dirt roads, and some others. Now I'm in a part of my life where my needs and wants have changed some, and I'm thinking about not compromising as much. That said, it's actually very hard to think of parting with it. It's a good car and it really does just about everything that I ask of it. One option I am considering is to get a new Outback 2.5i Premium and just go all out on the LGT. I'd have a reasonable and capable daily in the OB, and a manual AWD fun car in the LGT. IDK though, I go back and forth a lot.

Luckily I have decided to not buy anything until 2020, so I have lots of time to figure it out.

Do you have somewhere to store a car?

I always thought two was the answer... you know for anything. It's easier to cover all the bases that way.

What's your new hobby going to be if you don't have the LGT... :)

Ahhh I see. If it's not going to make you go bankrupt, maybe having 2 cars would be good. I know my father having two vehicles was great. If one went down or wasn't available, he could just use the other vehicle. Plus, ain't nothing wrong with having a fun car to screw around in :p

I always thought two was the answer... you know for anything. It's easier to cover all the bases that way.

What's your new hobby going to be if you don't have the LGT... :)

I run that scenario through my head ever so often. I’m thinking of going back to a Wrangler when the time comes. As far as hobbies, one reason I got rid of my last Wrangler was I was putting too much money into it. And there are less and less places to legally go off-road around Kansas City.

But, for now I’m happy with tweaking the GT with little things to make it better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got my LGT last week so I am good for the moment.

If Subaru makes a Liberty wagon with the DIT engine or that go-fast 3.0 engine that was rumoured, I may consider it. Not interested in an WRX wagon (Levorg) or the outback. I want a big, heavy, fast, ground-scraping, rip snorting, rocket ship wagon.

That said, what little information there is on the FA24F suggests that it has lots of potential. Give us the aesthetic to go with it Subaru!

Ahhh I see. If it's not going to make you go bankrupt, maybe having 2 cars would be good. I know my father having two vehicles was great. If one went down or wasn't available, he could just use the other vehicle. Plus, ain't nothing wrong with having a fun car to screw around in :p

Since I was about 21, I have had 2 car model, daily driver and summer vehicle. Now that has turned into 3 cars, winter driver/tow vehicle, fun daily driver and summer vehicle. I might try to eventually get back down to 2 cars.

We had a 2.5i Outback loaner, while I've always been happy with our Legacy- I think 99.9 % of that comes from being a manual.

A week with the 2.5 OB confirmed for us that getting the 3.6 in the wife's 2019 OB was definitely the right move.

We had a 2.5i Outback loaner, while I've always been happy with our Legacy- I think 99.9 % of that comes from being a manual.

A week with the 2.5 OB confirmed for us that getting the 3.6 in the wife's 2019 OB was definitely the right move.

I just don't understand why they're putting a CVT in the 3.6's... if I were to get a new vehicle I would rather not get a CVT like my 2.5 has. The old 3.6's with manuals/automatics were a lot better IMO without the CVT.

I just don't understand why they're putting a CVT in the 3.6's... if I were to get a new vehicle I would rather not get a CVT like my 2.5 has. The old 3.6's with manuals/automatics were a lot better IMO without the CVT.

I suspect the cost to upgrade/modernize the 5EAT was too much for the small 3.6 take rate. Would be nice if, like the Accord, the CVT was only on the smaller engine and a traditional auto was paired with the more powerful engine (10 speed in the case of the Accord).

I suspect the cost to upgrade/modernize the 5EAT was too much for the small 3.6 take rate. Would be nice if, like the Accord, the CVT was only on the smaller engine and a traditional auto was paired with the more powerful engine (10 speed in the case of the Accord).

That would be amazing ;)

It is a different version than the 2.5 CVT.

I have absolutely no problems with ours even after 22K miles, prefer it to the auto in our Legacy.

I'm perfectly happy with the CVT in our 2019 OB, but again that may be due to the combination of Engine and trans.

The 2.5 and CVT just felt awful. Felt the thing was screaming to move, 3.6 is just smooth.

Ya, I would think more power would feel smoother since you don't have to gas it to get up to speeds lol