LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy - interior trim removal

The dash pieces pop off, use a flathead screwdriver gently and they'll come off. A word of caution, the center radio pieces are screwed in near the cupholders. Take the ashtray out and lift out the chrome center ring from the shifter and pull the ashtray section back and up(in the direction of the rear dome light) and you can remove the whole center piece (going from the hvac controls to the black cup holder section), then you'll see where the trim is screwed in.

the door wood piece are mended on there, aka plastic welded, so they won't come off unless you take the door panels off and melt the plastic tabs to get them off.

Theres an old thread some where on here, you just gotta word it right on the search.

From what I remember... all the wood pieces except the trim by the handles on the doors come right off with a little bit of tug, apply as much force as needed.

As for the trim on the doors, I think it said you have to take apart the door because those pieces are glued on from the inside.

I need to get around to doing this also!

The dash pieces pop off, use a flathead screwdriver gently and they'll come off. A word of caution, the center radio pieces are screwed in near the cupholders. Take the ashtray out and lift out the chrome center ring from the shifter and pull the ashtray section back and up(in the direction of the rear dome light) and you can remove the whole center piece (going from the hvac controls to the black cup holder section), then you'll see where the trim is screwed in.

the door wood piece are mended on there, aka plastic welded, so they won't come off unless you take the door panels off and melt the plastic tabs to get them off.

^ what he said.... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived