LegacyGT.com

Windshield cleaning suggestion.

Okay guys, I’m annoyed I don’t know what to do, I use microfiber towels and every brand I’ve used so far usually leaves some lint or it does t leave clarity, when under he sun you see small clear dots...

I use the invisible glass spray. I just can’t get the glass to look clear or flawless from water spots either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Okay guys, I’m annoyed I don’t know what to do, I use microfiber towels and every brand I’ve used so far usually leaves some lint or it does t leave clarity, when under he sun you see small clear dots...

I use the invisible glass spray. I just can’t get the glass to look clear or flawless from water spots either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I use regular glass cleaner but use 2 different towels.. One to clean it and the other to Clean the residue.. If that doesnt work try glass cleaner with Newspaper.. The newspaper supposed to polish glass..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've been detailing my own cars for over 25 years... crap I feel old now.

Honestly, after washing my car I use a regular bath/beach towel (I have a dedicated one for the car, and not the good ones that the wife uses)

I use the towel to dry the top and sides so it's damp, and then use it to dry/buff the windows and windshield. No products needed.

If you have hard water spots that seem "etched" in, I recommend vinegar and a paper towel and some rubbing. That's it. If they are REALLY etched in, that's another story. I have advice for that too though.

In between washes, I have spray glass/windshield cleaner.

Try using Bon Ami. Its a pumice based cleanser. Its in a gold can in the household cleaning isle. Wet sponge thoroughly. It will clear most water spots and any wax build up.

Try using Bon Ami. Its a pumice based cleanser. Its in a gold can in the household cleaning isle. Wet sponge thoroughly. It will clear most water spots and any wax build up.

Similar to this, use double ot (00) steel wool and glass cleaner to polish the glass properly. It’ll take out hard water spots no problem.

Has anyone tried using a product like Meguiars Ultimate compound or Polish on their windshield? I've read and watched some videos of people who have shown it works very well. I personally have not tried it on my windshield yet. I would imagine it would be similarly effective compared to using the 00 steel wool for removing water spots.

I agree that using a 50/50 or greater IPA solution (not the one you drink :lol: ) is one of the best glass cleaners and is probably the cheapest way too.

I cleaned the windshield with the 0000 steel wool and that did the job, I think the 00 might have been better since it would be less fine.

After I finished I used wax and it came out real nice.

Thx for the suggestions.

I cleaned the windshield with the 0000 steel wool and that did the job, I think the 00 might have been better since it would be less fine.

After I finished I used wax and it came out real nice.

Thx for the suggestions.

Welcome to the world of extreme scratches making the headlights of other cars look like an explosion!

453747.png

I have good luck with the Kirkland branded stuff but you do have to wash then first to remove all of the stray fibers from washing them...

news paper and window cleaner works the best imho... just don't use it on the inside if you have tinted windows.

Archived