LegacyGT.com

HELP! Face-lift headlight dimensions

I need a favor.. story at the bottom.

Can someone please take a tape measure to their USDM face-lift headlight and measure from the inside corner to the outside corner, along the bottom of the housing? Reference the led strip at the bottom of the headlight in the picture.

Screenshot_20220701-122427_Instagram.jpg.501b07a6d3d13beebc3bbb41477a4caa.jpg

I'm getting ready to purchase the materials for my headlight mods. I've got everything picked out (90mm halos, rgb controller, clear reflectors, etc). I want to put an LED strip along the bottom of the headlight (sorta like mita.bp5 on Instagram) but I don't know how long it needs to be. I would measure it myself except my car is in storage and I'm currently deployed. [emoji854] looking for a helpful someone that can help me take advantage of the fourth of July sales online right now.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

"This car blows my deployment money faster than it does head gaskets."

Here's my second try at doing this today...damn internet and hot weather...

Well, that's the second try...same error message. We also lost power at the house for a second earlier today...

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

I got a length of 26.5" from the top corner to the bottom corner. If your going to but something, I'd add .5" just because its hard to get the tape to lay in the lower curve area.

Well this is odd, looks like I can load a photo I took years ago... damn computers. Here's the useless photo. DSCN8548.thumb.jpg.1ecc8bfe205c18f64ee58196b80a8ed6.jpg

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

this might be clearer.

[ATTACH]296586[/ATTACH]

Max, you are heaven sent. Im gonna have to make this project into a whole tutorial just to pay it forward. Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

"This car blows my deployment money faster than it does head gaskets."

Glad I could help. That's what this forum is about. :) Also, being retired, it gave me something to do. LOL.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here