LegacyGT.com

Update SSL/TLS Certificate

HTTPS has been removed for now, so update your bookmarks. The longer story is the cert software no longer supports the sites OS, and the sites OS is not able to be upgraded, which means buying new servers and moving to something else. Not a short task so no HTTPS is the current resolution.

HTTPS has been removed for now, so update your bookmarks. The longer story is the cert software no longer supports the sites OS, and the sites OS is not able to be upgraded, which means buying new servers and moving to something else. Not a short task so no HTTPS is the current resolution.

That sucks in the world of today. At least my password is unique here. I did work with another site once and there the https handling was performed by a proxy server.

453747.png

Well, the sad thing would be that there are quite a lot of info in many of the forum threads that's valuable knowledge so if the site goes then there's quite a bit of info lost. Some might be found elsewhere, but I doubt that everything will be.
453747.png

What is the Site's OS?

Why can we not generate a free cert and replace the previous one on the file system?

• I Donated
What is the Site's OS?

Why can we not generate a free cert and replace the previous one on the file system?

My guess is the issue is the ancient version of vBulletin, not the OS it's running on. Although it's also possible this version of vB won't run on anything newer than Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or some shit like that :lol:

My guess is the issue is the ancient version of vBulletin, not the OS it's running on. Although it's also possible this version of vB won't run on anything newer than Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or some shit like that :lol:

All the links from Google searches are broken now as well, we need to get back to HTTPS. So much is broken in HTTP only, it's not sustainable. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

If it was just vBulletin, then it should be fairly easy to upgrade the cert on the web server that's hosting it. At a base level, there is a TLS cert as a file, somewhere on the file system that the web server would send to a browser; we should be able to replace it with an updated one from one of the free TLS cert services.

But that's just theory, I don't know what server/OS/etc the stack is running on so there might be some complications that I don't know anything about.

Edited by Infosecdad

Really hope this doesn't push the site that much closer to death. If this site kicks the bucket, I'm left with Facebook groups - where finding anything older than a week is a wild hunt and answers are either 50% confidently incorrect or 50% vaguely insulting run-on sentences. If I wanted to see someone post pictures of their clapped out Leggy, I'd look at my own build thread.

I was 3 years old when the gen4 GT made it stateside and while I always think about how cool it would have been to get one when they were new, I also look at this site as a little lens through which I can see this car's history. I lurked long before I bought mine, and seeing the love people have for these cars helped me make up my mind. To have that, and all the insanely useful information therein, disappear into the ether is actually really depressing. Guess I was born much too late for this party.

Edited by Memeticism
I'm getting too emotional it's just a car make it stop

It might be that the 'letsencrypt' scripts no longer runs on that old OS.

453747.png