LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I just learned why the 2015+ WRX 6mt uses a different flywheel...the flange is 1/3" less thick than 2006-2014. Why? Because the 2015+ use a "flexplate" between the crankshaft and flywheel that doubles as a crankshaft position sensor.

When I did my swap I used a 2015+ flywheel because it was the only stock I could find. After the install my starter never engaged correctly, even after removing and reinstalling. I recently finished the break-in miles on the clutch and it slips under mid to full boost when it shouldnt. I contacted the flywheel manufacturer and asked about part differences and found the 2006-2014 flywheels have a flange that is 1/3" thicker.

Now I have to remove the flywheel and install a new one. I should be able to just slide everything back enough to remove and install.

^oh no rhino^ hopefully it goes smooth and sliding it will be easy enough to install new flywheel.

Well, I just went ahead and purchased a 15+ wrx transmission just now. :eek:Hopefully all goes well. After getting a new battery and turning her over, I realized how much I miss this car, and plan on giving it all the love necessary to daily it again. It was either TSX/K swap my honda accord or give love to the leggy. The leggy deserves a new life lol

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

^oh no rhino^ hopefully it goes smooth and sliding it will be easy enough to install new flywheel.

Well, I just went ahead and purchased a 15+ wrx transmission just now. :eek:Hopefully all goes well. After getting a new battery and turning her over, I realized how much I miss this car, and plan on giving it all the love necessary to daily it again. It was either TSX/K swap my honda accord or give love to the leggy. The leggy deserves a new life lol

Ahh why would you be like every other person and do a honda? :lol::spin: Thats all I see around my town is people with hatchback, and EX coupes swapping them with all kinds of motors. All they do is tire spin and break hahaaah.

When they see my car they are confused, when I take off they show respect and always tell me they hod no clue what my car can do and my car is nothing compared to whats out there. I do the legacy because it's different and no one around me has anything like it.

I am now seeing to many GTRs, new supras, golfs, hondas, and hellcats so it's time to mark them off the list of cars not to get. If I see cars often I don't want to be like them.

Gotcha, I'll check that when I get the car home. They replaced the hoses with generic bulk hose while the Subaru molded hoses are on order so I'll have a few days to check over the routing. I'm wondering if they put the rear hose on the front since it would actually fit, even old and hard.

So I got the car back on Friday and there is smoke coming out of the hood scoop and cowl. I knew some oil spill/spatter occurred when the hoses popped off but they said they spent time cleaning it and the smoking isn't going away.

It seems to be coming from near the turbo but it's hard to tell, and the smoke smells so bad that I don't want to keep my head in there to look around. Way worse smell than burning axle grease or engine oil.

I'm worried that whatever was pressuring the PCV system caused another seal to fail, worst case, turbo seals if there is still too high pressure in the crankcase. I haven't had a turbo smoke externally though so I'm not sure how likely that is and due to the type of seal I would think as soon as the crankcase pressure is brought down the smoking would stop.

Should I pull the dip stick and see if it goes away or something?

Good luck with the sale, man. I'm sure that's a difficult decision given how much you've put into the car over the years. Wish I could help you with a ballpark value but I don't really know what the market is like these days. Your car was a fun build and will be a great starting point for someone looking for a project.

Thanks, Rick. Yeah... I wish the circumstances were different and i could just hold it, but it's just going to decay and I'd rather get something out of it / have someone make use of it than let it just completely fall off.

I'm hoping for a couple $k, but not sure if it's likely

hello past LGT kin. i added some fluids to the 4th gen and started trying to sort it out to sell it.

it's been a while since i've been here. for a bunch of various reasons (some valid and some not), the LGT has basically been sitting for a while. it still starts, still seems to run fine, but it's time for it to go. main issue right now is while sitting the brake line that runs down the passenger side has given way (found fluid leaking under the rear passenger side door) so it's not able to be moved.

general question, and feel free to tell me to bug off... but what are the value of these things these days? there's probably about 55k on the rebuilt engine and i think around 175k on the overall body, but i had a ton done to it over the years. i've attached my build sheet, it put down 311whp/333wtq on a mustang dyno, and i've attached the full list of mods i've ever done to it. not in the list mods is that the valve body for the 5EAT was modified by ClimberD (HexMods).

Known issues with the car:

• The A/C doesn't work
  • The seats in the interior are in the shape of a car from 2005, except the driver's side seat has a pretty good tear in the bolster. However, the entire carpet was replaced with black carpet when I had the car rebuilt in 2014
  • A wire is snipped on the Grimmspeed EBCS causing a CEL and limited boost, but I have a replacement EBCS on hand I just never installed
  • The rear driver's side door handle needs to be painted. There was a failure of the mechanism and I had it replaced, but the shop that replaced it wouldn't work with me to get it painted
  • The battery is toast but it jumps and runs when needed (I started it to test the brakes)

The car was PDR'd in 2014 and the exterior is in pretty good shape. The front bumper (JDM) could use a respray and it's got that typical fourth gen rust in front of the driver's side wheel well. I also have a ton of the stock parts hanging around and even some BNIB performance parts.

Anyone want to give a swag at what I could get for it? It's still in my possession since buying my Audi in 2017 because I wanted to move into a situation where I could garage the LGT and tinker with it, but life has just not gone in that direction. Honestly it probably needs some more work besides the brakes and the list above (tires, the wheels are in rough shape) so I'm not expecting top dollar.

I hope you all are well. It's good to see some familiar names still active in here.

It's does not matter what is done to the car at all, and all the work you did or put into it. it is a 2005 LGT 5EAT /w 175k miles. Also you listed the stuff that is wrong. Fix the batt, EBCS, AC and I would say in that condition with all paper work 6k tops. I have a bunch of money into me 06 LGT 5mt, and I know if I had to sell it it would be a major loss. This is the tuner game we play, and I have all my paper work and receipts for everything and a maintenance log for the car. I am talking down to the batteries and tires bought, hell even 02 sensors. WRX/STI just have that resale value.

It's does not matter what is done to the car at all, and all the work you did or put into it. it is a 2005 LGT 5EAT /w 175k miles. Also you listed the stuff that is wrong. Fix the batt, EBCS, AC and I would say in that condition with all paper work 6k tops. I have a bunch of money into me 06 LGT 5mt, and I know if I had to sell it it would be a major loss. This is the tuner game we play, and I have all my paper work and receipts for everything and a maintenance log for the car. I am talking down to the batteries and tires bought, hell even 02 sensors. WRX/STI just have that resale value.

Yes, I'm aware that mods do not increase value of the car and know that the sale will be at a loss to the money spent on mods. Nine years of the mod grind and living on this site taught me that very well :lol:. The whole point of including the list was for informational purposes and the fact that an enthusiast will look at the car differently than a dealer or "blue book" value (plus a nice trip down memory lane).

I came here, to the one place on the internet where people still care about and think about these cars, to get a rough estimate of the value of the car while being completely up front about its history and current state. You have provided your estimate, so thank you. It's higher than what I was predicting, but you're including fixing all of the issues. I want to get rid of it as-is so I know I'll get much less.

Ahh why would you be like every other person and do a honda? [emoji38]:spin: Thats all I see around my town is people with hatchback, and EX coupes swapping them with all kinds of motors. All they do is tire spin and break hahaaah.

When they see my car they are confused, when I take off they show respect and always tell me they hod no clue what my car can do and my car is nothing compared to whats out there. I do the legacy because it's different and no one around me has anything like it.

I am now seeing to many GTRs, new supras, golfs, hondas, and hellcats so it's time to mark them off the list of cars not to get. If I see cars often I don't want to be like them.

That's just it...hondas are all around lol. Besides if I did to a tsx swap on my 07 accord sedan it would be different. It's cheaper and easy to maintain. I like surprising other drivers. Might even do it when leggy is back together. Gotta love the rarity of the leggy though. I think that's what makes me want to get it up and running. Too many WRXs and STIs here by me. Keeping the legacy alive would be sweet

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

and @chefo.soriano

That's just it...hondas are all around lol. Besides if I did to a tsx swap on my 07 accord sedan it would be different. It's cheaper and easy to maintain. I like surprising other drivers. Might even do it when leggy is back together. Gotta love the rarity of the leggy though. I think that's what makes me want to get it up and running. Too many WRXs and STIs here by me. Keeping the legacy alive would be sweet

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you do anything go big boy and do the J35 swap and really be different :eek:. Add hondata and few other parts and you will really get people.

Yes, I'm aware that mods do not increase value of the car and know that the sale will be at a loss to the money spent on mods. Nine years of the mod grind and living on this site taught me that very well :lol:. The whole point of including the list was for informational purposes and the fact that an enthusiast will look at the car differently than a dealer or "blue book" value (plus a nice trip down memory lane).

I came here, to the one place on the internet where people still care about and think about these cars, to get a rough estimate of the value of the car while being completely up front about its history and current state. You have provided your estimate, so thank you. It's higher than what I was predicting, but you're including fixing all of the issues. I want to get rid of it as-is so I know I'll get much less.

You need to find some local enthusiast who will understand and appreciate what the car is, and what the mods are. You may want to talk to people on local Subie facebook group or some local tuners. Unless you are in a hurry to get rid of it.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Maybe not today, but in the last week: replaced passenger side mirror, lubed w Motul 5w30, and alignment after a mean blowout necessitated four new tires. AAA ftw, flatbed picked me up on the left shoulder. Rim, tho battered, holds air so no excuse to put on my pristine, unmounted gold Rays for the summer. Got a wash and a wax and picked up hatch struts. Topped off bug juice. Oh, and upsized rubber from 215/45/18 to 225/40/18 and liking the difference. Much better for compensating road quality. And totally accelerates the want for an sti steering rack. Brand switch from Michelin pilot sport A/s3+ to Continental Extreme Contact 06. 42b98dcf1e63b22ea7ca5954ad594111.jpg

d66b69a9287d5183de35946f6c6e5313.jpg

Edited by Kojak

Maybe not today, but in the last week: replaced passenger side mirror, lubed w Motul 5w30, and alignment after a mean blowout necessitated four new tires. AAA ftw, flatbed picked me up on the left shoulder. Rim, tho battered, holds air so no excuse to put on my pristine, unmounted gold Rays for the summer. Got a wash and a wax and picked up hatch struts. Topped off bug juice. Oh, and upsized rubber from 215/45/18 to 225/40/18 and liking the difference. Much better for compensating road quality. And totally accelerates the want for an sti steering rack. Brand switch from Michelin pilot sport A/s3+ to Continental Extreme Contact 06. 42b98dcf1e63b22ea7ca5954ad594111.jpg

d66b69a9287d5183de35946f6c6e5313.jpg

Man this site must be dying. Every time I refresh it still shows your wagon on the specb wheels and not the gold rays. :hide:

Regreased my GNP front swaybar end links, was hoping to replace them with the Whiteline HD end links but one of the boots was torn (new out of the package yesterday). Decided the creaking noise in the front end is probably coming from the Bilstein strut (~25,000 kms, probably dried out grease on the damper body/housing seal.)

Also found the passenger side outer CV boot has slipped off the axle. This is a rebooted axle with only about two years on it, which sucks.

wiped the car down last night after driving, applied a nice coat of spray wax. Still waiting on my cat back to be made. Really hope it does not come when I am on vacation :mad:. I should have read that it needed to be built first. I was so pissed I did not even think about buying 3 inch to meet my downpipe I just ordered :lol:.

After I get all the cat back on I will be able to go back to really push the car. I am going back in at the end of October when it is cooler to tune it. I will be about done and back to winter mode and park it :spin::lol:.

Sti rack is worth every penny.

One of many reasons im reviving my leggy. Transmission will be arriving tomorrow. But wont get to wrenching until it cools down at least. In the meantime I will collect/order parts.

and @chefo.soriano

Sigh...the "thanks" button was my favorite feature.

Kojak - those wheels are awesome! still can't believe you actually drive them around. I've never been a fan of collectors who never drive their toys and yet I've become one of those people.

snow05gtRI - ppl who invest in an lgt do/did it because the sti was not an "adult" car. Adults today buy suv & pickups. kids still buy wrx/sti because everyone else has one. marketing won this one.

In good working condition (no work needed), 10-14k is possible for the patient seller. Price drops pretty fast as work adds up. Engine problems put you in the 2-4k price range really fast. Ppl want a running car not a project. So price accordingly. If you get 6-8k, yer probably going to be top of market.