LegacyGT.com

'06 to '09 hood swap

So I'm trying to sort all this out. Is there an AL hood that will fit the '08 OB?

You have to do a full face swap. Hood, grille, fenders, bumper. So no. I kinda like the outback face so I think if I ever bother, I'll fiber glass or carbon fiber one or something.

Or if I was rich, do a jdm face swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

got this

For 2005, the Outback has a slightly longer wheelbase and is 1.3 inches longer overall. It has a wider track, a lower center of gravity, and weighs less than the previous-generation car, despite being stiffer and stronger. Subaru used aluminum panels for the hood, front bumper assembly, and liftgate to reduce weight as well as decrease mass at the car's extremities for better handling. In the drive toward centralized mass, even the battery was shifted rearward.

from here,

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15132808/2005-subaru-outback-25xt-limited-road-test/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Ok so I went upstairs to the spare bed room where I keep the 2005 Subaru brochures.

Yes all the 2005 Outback's came with an Al hood and hatch

DSCN8560.thumb.JPG.3e3adf904fc5bfd636b519931edfdf7d.JPG

I tried cross-referencing as much as I could on here: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2006.html#mechanical

Solid site for most things.

I also ended up revisiting the MOMO steering wheel thing we were wondering about a few weeks ago. I don't remember all the results and figured it was the wrong thread to post anyway. I'll go back and check tomorrow, posting it in the right thread.

MILKRUN  - Click Here