LegacyGT.com

3.6R Headers

Hey community, I've been on a journey for a little while to get the most out of my 3.6R as a hobby as many of you are also doing and I noticed there was very little out there for support in the bolt on performance exhaust category. Nameless makes an axle back and Raptor makes headers. OBX makes headers but they don't fit the Gen 6.

Raptor has been harder and harder to get a hold of and there have been some complaints about how they are made from Mild/light steel and the flange may cause some clearance issues.

That said I've been keeping my eye on the 5th gen forum as well to see what they are coming up with, and one of there members found inferno fabrications on the west coast. The proprietor developed a gen 5 header which is connected by v bands to a high flow cat with both bungs present for the O2 sensors, and 2.5" OD pipe all the way back to the collector using 304 steel. So I called him and took some measurements and he's going to make me a Gen 6 version with the additional clearance needed for the sway bar on the Gen 6.

I should have them in my possession by mid April and am taking them to a fab shop to have a custom mid pipe and resonator installed between the new headers/cats and my nameless axle backs.

If all goes well and we get fitment right we could have a much better option for those of you looking to do an exhaust upgrade.

https://infernofab.com/2015-2019-subaru-legacy-3-6-header.html

There's the link, and they would look something like this without the extra twisted section of pipe seen here (apparently a failed attempt at uel)

I'll keep everyone posted.1033d8bd991c8ff00bc540f91dc62de5.jpg

I'm the fifth gen owner in question, figured I'd chime in a bit. This system offering from Inferno is exciting because it makes significantly more of the exhaust system plug-and-play and immediately able to be bolted up, and requires far less of the system be fabricated than with the Raptor/OBX headers, essentially only the mid-pipe. I ordered my gen 5 set from Inferno in December and am unfortunately still waiting for shipment/delivery, but should note that Inferno is a small manufacturer and these sets are made-to-order, not stocked items, and the owner has communicated some personal life strife in the past few months, so I'm being patient. Hoping to have my set in April as well, will update further once there's any more developments.

If you're looking for power numbers, my 5th gen dyno'd at 228.49 whp with only Nameless 5" muffler, AEM filter, and HKS intake funnel, and a tune from XRT. This equates to about 286 crank horsepower, or roughly +30hp from stock. Once I receive my header set, I will have my local Subaru shop do both a before and after install/re-tune dyno for comparison. If you're interested in my build thread, link can be found in my signature.

Inferno is local to me. I have a stainless 4-1 EL header for my 4th gen LGT, a stainless 4-1 UEL header and cat pipe for my Impreza OBS. Build quality and fitment is awesome. He works full time and does inferno on the side so each built to order set takes a while. I'm very happy with them.

Inferno is local to me. I have a stainless 4-1 EL header for my 4th gen LGT, a stainless 4-1 UEL header and cat pipe for my Impreza OBS. Build quality and fitment is awesome. He works full time and does inferno on the side so each built to order set takes a while. I'm very happy with them.

That is what I've heard from other buyer's as well, and the reviews on his page hold up to that too: always amazing build quality and fitment, often long wait times. I've been patient and will continue to be, I just hope they get here before racing seasons starts so I can proceed with my plan of embarrassing STIs on track. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Just reviving this a bit to inform that my 5th gen set finally arrived. It was a long wait but MAN they are immaculate. Looks to be a perfect bolt up for the factory mid-pipe. Workmanship is spectacular, and full v-band connectors is a really nice touch.

ypaf286.jpg

gpgQk53.jpg

32HhMT0.jpg

V2HpwTd.jpg

69j1wwX.jpg

BmZEENE.jpg

• 2 months later...

Very good, high quality, quite a bit of sound, but then again I got high flow cats and had aftermarket mufflers...if you can call them that. The 5th gen ones will be more dialed in, but my measurements were a bit off so mine hang down a bit but you won't have that problem.

You'll probably want a tune after so make sure you line that up too.