LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy GT TPMS reset?

I have my OE 6-stroke wheels, one of them was bent by hitting a sand dune (from the snow plower). So decided to use my older 2013 BRZ wheel which was 5x100 48 offset. It fits perfectly fine until I realized the two TPMS were different (at least the shape).

13 BRZ and 08 Legacy has same frequency of 315 mhz on the TPMS sensors. But I tried the local specialty shop and they try to re-program it, it was working like for first day. Then next day when I started up and drive, the TPMS instantly blink and light up.

Any suggestion or concern should I be aware so i can get the 13 BRZ wheel's TPMS work? Should I buy aftermarket TPMS (work for 08 Legacy Module) and install to the wheel in next tire replacement (which is coming like another 4 months)

How far did you drive it the 1st day? When I change my wheels/sensors it takes about 10 minutes before the low tire pressure sensor light to go on.

The 2013 BRZ TPMS should work if the TPMS module is programed for the correct sensor IDs.

Usually you go to a tire place and they will scan the sensors and reset them.

Or just put a piece of black tape over the yellow light. I still have the tape since I found out two of the sensor batteries were dead after putting new tires on 3 or 4 years ago.

If you know how to keep an eye on your tires, there is no need for that system.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here