LegacyGT.com

Smoking guns

So today I was sitting at lunch in my started car like 30mins and when I went to shut her off I gave it a quick rev before shutting off and noticed some smoke out tail pipes...So I started it back up and more smoke smelling like oil...My first thought is ringland failure so on my way home I put on roughness cyl 1,2,3,4 and started her but I have ZERO roughness on all cylinders...So I limped her home while keeping an eye on the AP. When I got home again no roughness in any cylinder....Please any thoughts on what the smoke could be? Maybe Turbo? IDK...thank you in advance

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

First reason is, it's illegal in CT to idle a car for more then 3 minutes. Its a pollution thing.

second, it's a gravity thing, think about the way the pistons side horizontally and what gravity does.

Let us know how much oil smoke you get on the morning start up today. You may want to get out after stating and smell the smoke.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

First reason is, it's illegal in CT to idle a car for more then 3 minutes. Its a pollution thing.

second, it's a gravity thing, think about the way the pistons side horizontally and what gravity does.

Let us know how much oil smoke you get on the morning start up today. You may want to get out after stating and smell the smoke.

I did exactly that. I watched the car this morning and nothing for smoke and smelled it also and nothing...so your saying this could have been excess fuel or oil sitting in the cylinder walls? Or maybe in the Turbo and when I revved it yesterday it cleaned it out?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

While driving in today I was thinking may be oil vapors got built up in the PCV system. Could be the combination of those things you mentioned.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived