LegacyGT.com

Snow stuck on inside of wheel

Anybody else have this problem? The car starts to shake pretty good at 50+ from snow sticking to the inside of the wheels. Anybody have any luck with how to keep the snow from sticking to inside of the wheel to prevent this. I am trying to prevent any damage from occurring as a result. Pulling over on the highway on a long commute or in a snow storm is not really an option.

If it builds up while driving it shouldn't be a problem, but try to remove it before driving again since it might upset your wheel balance as well as being a potential to cause some trouble.

Try concentrated windshield washer fluid to make it loosen up. It'll evaporate soon so it's not going to be a big deal.

453747.png

I have already read about PAM, WD-40, waxing inside of wheel, silicone spray. I know how to remove it. I was just wondering if anyone had any luck preventing it from sticking in the first place.

Nope, that's part of the perks owning a car that some things can't be avoided.

:D

453747.png

I have already read about PAM, WD-40, waxing inside of wheel, silicone spray. I know how to remove it. I was just wondering if anyone had any luck preventing it from sticking in the first place.

You can move way south or way north.

It's almost always too cold for the snow to stick here in Saskatchewan.

Southern Florida it's mostly too warm for snow to form.

Otherwise, get out and give it a kick and call it a snow dance.

well based upon everyone's replies you should have known that keeping snow out of wheels especially when it is thick and slushy is not a possibility... well it is if you want to keep your rims hot all the time...

Anybody else have this problem? The car starts to shake pretty good at 50+ from snow sticking to the inside of the wheels. Anybody have any luck with how to keep the snow from sticking to inside of the wheel to prevent this. I am trying to prevent any damage from occurring as a result. Pulling over on the highway on a long commute or in a snow storm is not really an option.

hasn't happened to me yet while driving. Typically happens when I parallel park and push against a snow bank, and some of it gets in, but that normally falls off after hitting a bump or two.

This last storm, the stupid guy that was clearing the sidewalks pointed the chute of the snow blower towards the parked cars and got a ton of it packed way inside the wheels.. no amount of kicking or the snow brush could get it out. Had to resort to hot water..

LOL. First winter I had my Legacy I had that happen, I thought the car was going to shake apart! I had no idea what was happening, after over 40 Chicago winters and numerous cars I had never experienced that before.

Went to the dealer, car thawed, has not happened again...

LOL. First winter I had my Legacy I had that happen, I thought the car was going to shake apart! I had no idea what was happening, after over 40 Chicago winters and numerous cars I had never experienced that before.

This is the second time in 2 winters it's happend to me. I forgot all about it last year. This last time I scraped most of the snow off but because it's been so cold here there was a little bit still stuck on the wheels. Going to work the next day was fun to say the least with my teeth chattering.

May be it has something to do with the wheel design. It lets the blowing snow settle inside, but the gap between the spokes is pretty narrow that you can't get in there to clear off. I can barely get the scraper, brush or my hand between the spokes. I've never have this happen on any of my previous cars/ wheels.

Has anyone with the base/ premium trim wheels have similar issue?

Archived