LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

if you can find a buick, that 3800 came with a turbo option. unless i'm confusing gnx?

That's the eaton m90 supercharger. Pontiac grand prix and others had it. You can hit 300whp pretty easy it looks like but then you start destroying transmissions. Gotta do a whole top swap heads and all but they are all over the pick and pulls out here.

Zzp performance about an hour from me has developed a turbo kit that'll push over 600hp but I guess people just blow up transmissions. No "good" options for the fwd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall Milzy Motorsports having a 6MT swap kit for the N bodies. Wonder what kind of power those hold, and if they could be made to work...

I've been told with enough welding and machining anything can work with anything. Maybe if I win the lotto lol. I'll make the most ridiculous grandpa car ever.

Wash, windows and wax the other day. Dipped my 08 specB wheels today, previous owner DESTROYED them over the years. They have deep hub pockets though, should be easy to run a spacer. Anyone know if 15mm on these will clear Brembo calipers?

New RA coupon code - 167499480151060472

908482314_Screenshot_20210327-2137543.thumb.png.7b8afcbb4179e7afa3a0c619e2857bd0.png

Edited by BoozeRS05

You need to fill up. Your mpg at idle is horrendous. Your coolant temp is probably only 40deg away from blowing a head gasket. Oh and its real blurry, but does that biatch have 259k miles on the odo???
You thought I had to fill up then? You should see it now... light is on. lol

Yes this 07 has 259k on it and will be retiring due to some nasty quarter rust and other rust throughout. I got this car at 98k in 2010... Engine was rebuilt with forged pistons at 158k, it's been a good workhorse.

Thanks for noticing the temp, LMAO I guess it's a good think I have the zero mile engine in the 06 in my garage that's just waiting for brakes to take over DD responsibilities. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Getting ready to post my 2005 GT limited wagon for sale on here. Red, 150k miles, stage 2. Clear coat coming off. Sunroof inoperable. Valve cover oil leaks. Tired of fooling with it. Good car for a young'un or a parts car.
I just reviewed your for sale post. Looks like a good price

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Flat tire or out of gas?

Gas. Msprank above and right after this it hit the dashes.

The tpms is inconsistent. It wasn't on at all today. It loses communication I think, does the flash for a minute and then steady.

i've found the best solution to tpms....take them off :)

I've had working TPMS since I bought my car... It's not hard to keep working ;) The sensors aren't all that expensive either. It will be a little weird going to the 06 and not having that anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

When my tpms sensors were dying, the outside temp seemed to have an impact, and it wasn't pressure related. Under 40f or so, I think mine did this " It loses communication I think, does the flash for a minute and then steady."

Above 40f or so, they worked fine.

When my tpms sensors were dying, the outside temp seemed to have an impact, and it wasn't pressure related. Under 40f or so, I think mine did this " It loses communication I think, does the flash for a minute and then steady."

Above 40f or so, they worked fine.

Dying battery in the TPMS. Batteries "lose juice" at lower temperatures. Fixes include replacing the sensor or taping over the TPMS light :lol:

Hey, TPMS should be addressed in this thread. ;)

Seeing how its somewhat current.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tpms-question-resolutioni-285639.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Bitter sweet day... Didn't bother filling the tank on the 07 since I'm so close to getting the 06 running. 07 has to donate some parts to get it on the road so I figured I would park it for good and start pulling parts tomorrow.

Got the rear brakes all setup and on the 06.. Look at all those pretty fresh zinc plated bolts... And that layer of fluid film... LOL it's so greasy but I'd prefer that over rusting out again.

32f1ed6a917811ae335844c7fdf9221a.jpg

91fd35246191d75b970c7b20405cbcec.jpg

Damn this thing has been in here for a while, it's filthy!

020ac294384093dad01ddf3d78bddabc.jpg

Edited by B-BGTLimited

Dying battery in the TPMS. Batteries "lose juice" at lower temperatures. Fixes include replacing the sensor or taping over the TPMS light :lol:

Ugh I thought they were a button cell battery. Local diy garage has a mount and balance machine and was going to change the batteries when I put on the lgt 5 spokes.

Maybe it'll get the tape then. I like the concept of tpms but I've also never seen it do anything other than go bad. There's more important places to put 200$ (sensors and tool).

Didn't do anything other than open the mailbox and there was the title!

SC

I routinely open the mailbox to find Recall notices from Subaru for a 4th gen LGT and a SpecB I have not owned for a few years now. AFAIK the LGT is still road worthy, but the SpecB went off to the crusher.

Just got back from a test drive. Boy the wagon can really put a smile on my face.

I put the summer tires on last week. On the highway drive I could feel the front tires were out of balance.

Yesterday the hose on the outlet of the tmic blew off when I was getting onto the highway going to the dentist. I pulled over to side, put the flashers on, look in the rearview mirror and see a state cop coming down the entrance ramp that I just used. He pulled up on the grass on the right side. I was still in the drivers seat trying to figure out why the car was running badly. No CEL, I told him I had a cell phone and AAA.

He said he'd be back by in about 10 minutes if I needed help.

After he left, I rolled down the hill back to the on ramp. Duh, about half way there I figured out the hose blew off. I stopped put it back on, finished backup the on ramp. Took the wagon home, got in the Spec and went to the dentist. I had called them and let them know I had car trouble and would be a few minutes late.

So, today I set up my Harbor Fright tire balance, pulled the two front wheels, removed the old weights, cleaned up the surface, balanced them, put them back on, reinstalled the hose on the outlet of the GS tmic.

Took the car up the highway, checked for a shimmy, zero shimmy. Dropped it into 4th gear took it up in mph and coasted to the next off ramp.

Ran it through the first few gears on the backroad coming back to the house.

Nice when things run well. big :)

The hose blew off I assume, because when the guy's at the tranny shop put the car back together last July, they didn't tighten the clamp well. I'll have to keep that in mind when ever someone does work on the car in the future. I also tighten/snugged up the clamps on both cars.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How the hell am I supposed to get those rear motor mount bolts out?! Tried to install my GroupN motor mounts from my old motor today, everything was going great, but just couldn't get to those rear bolts. Think I need to go tool shopping soon

Also did a little rust repair inside the gas door. Grinded down some bubbly paint, rust treated the lower seam and threw a quick coat of paint down.

Also thoroughly lubed my front sway bar.