LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Ending a 6year relationship with my gf. Basically used some "**** you money" to buy it and so it's hiding at my parents until the dust settles and she moves out.

So ya little more serious that an actual "reveal".

I'm looking at getting a new F150. After sitting in one, I'm pretty much sold. I've never owned a truck before, but I can finally see why it's the top selling vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Make sure you look at other trucks as well. Those 10 speeds seem to have more issues popping up as time goes on...

Make sure you look at other trucks as well. Those 10 speeds seem to have more issues popping up as time goes on...

I'm gonna try my hand at leasing one this time around. If anything happens, it will be within the warranty period. If it turns out that it is problematic, I'll dump it back to the dealership once my term ends. If it ends up being worthwhile to keep, I may buy it out. I understand I will be paying a bit more in the end, but I like that it gives me the flexibility. I'll definitely shop around and see the competitors.

Ending a 6year relationship with my gf. Basically used some "**** you money" to buy it and so it's hiding at my parents until the dust settles and she moves out.

So ya little more serious that an actual "reveal".

Break ups are hard. Sometimes you are better off making the hard decisions now rather than later in life (i.e. if you get married and divorced later)

I'm gonna try my hand at leasing one this time around. If anything happens, it will be within the warranty period. If it turns out that it is problematic, I'll dump it back to the dealership once my term ends. If it ends up being worthwhile to keep, I may buy it out. I understand I will be paying a bit more in the end, but I like that it gives me the flexibility. I'll definitely shop around and see the competitors.
You should research leasing such popular vehicles. The residual values on them are terrible, you are usually much better off purchasing, and fwiw most of the issues I am seeing are annoyances, like gear hunting, rather than failures. Considering the 10spd also backs up chevy trucks and the camaro and mustang I wouldn't be terribly concerned about durability.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We are on our 4th lease. The last 3 have been Subaru. For us it works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are on our 4th lease. The last 3 have been Subaru. For us it works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subarus have some of the highest residual values in their segments. Trucks are not so lucky.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Subaru's have excellent residual values. Especially the STI and WRX models. Ive heard of people getting money back to return their lease early as the car is cash positive on the lease. It doesn't negate the fact that you are just renting a new car, but it can definitely make the total cost of ownership more manageable.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

4th gen LGT guy here that has posted in this thread. Had some recent LGT woes (another story and more to follow on that soon in the 4th gen forum) but here is the new ride. Picked it up Saturday, a few days shy of 12 weeks since ordering in January. My first new vehicle ever which is nice to think about. 0b5e35abfa475319e0d0d611651eb992.jpg98ec86a061595f1c0b637b0c2fd91871.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ugh, so envious. I love the Rams. The 2500 too is icing on the cake. I've been researching the Eco Diesels and like what I see in terms of MPG. The new Ford's hybrid with onboard 'generator' is truly unmatched right now IMO. So much versatility, even if I don't like Fords. I'm holding my breath for the Tundra refresh to knock it out of the park.

Congrats to you guys on some badass rides.

• 3 months later...
I've been on a wagon kick lately. Volvo V60/90 and Jaguar XF sportbrake are sexy. Another reminder of how much I'd love a Levorg. I recently discovered the lowered Outback crowd though and I must say I'm impressed with what some folks have done with them. mostly older gens, so I'd be curious how close I could get the latest gen XT to look like a Levorg via bumper/plastic cladding deletion. The things I think about.. lmao.

Many are purchasing early and storing them in Japan at $100/month. One importer says he sees prices rising about 9-12 months out from import legal date. Most buyers (80%) are using financing, but that's only feasible for vehicles that have arrived on US shores. Many of the halo cars (22b) are already unobtainable for most. Here's a clean, low-mileage example for $115,000.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

• 3 weeks later...
It just happen last night. When the body shop/Detailer get's done with the Legacy it's going to get new front brakes, fresh brake fluid and fresh oil and then I will load it onto a carrier and ship the vehicle across state.

194801817_IMG_234050.thumb.jpg.77328d71aba887c42e6bca25d0f8ec80.jpg