LegacyGT.com

Car previously dyno tuned on bad MAF

Also worth to double-check the cam timing for 2 and 4 so you don't waste time on the wrong problem. Slightly off timing could lead to compression error.

I assume this would have been obvious with a timing belt job? Ben replaced the timing components about 1K miles ago since I had a cam seal leak.

I assume this would have been obvious with a timing belt job? Ben replaced the timing components about 1K miles ago since I had a cam seal leak.

Not necessarily, one cog off on the cam could theoretically be an issue - it don't hurt to check that the cam job was done right. Especially on a separate exhaust/intake cam engine it's darn hard to miss one tooth off on a single cam - I know that from own experience.

453747.png

Not necessarily, one cog off on the cam could theoretically be an issue - it don't hurt to check that the cam job was done right. Especially on a separate exhaust/intake cam engine it's darn hard to miss one tooth off on a single cam - I know that from own experience.

I would assume this is a hardware-level problem, not something that could be noted electronically either, correct? Do I just remove the timing cover or what all needs to be removed?