LegacyGT.com

Legacy gt oil leak

So some of you might know I have a reman engine from LKQ. It looks like the cam and crank seals are leaking. I don’t plan on the engine lasting long from their reputation. So I have a engine savings on the side. But basically should I do the most I can to make it last longer? I would assume crank and cam seals plus a timing kit would be needed. But I still don’t know what kind of pistons they used when they rebuilt it. So I’m not sure if it would be worth it in the long run. Anyone have any input? Keep saving? Or take some out and try and make this engine last.

Who did the Tune ?

For the oil leaks have you replaced the PCV valve ?

When the oil leaks are fixed use good oil and filters and keep up with the routine maintenance

Engine life is all in the Tune.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If the Tuner knows what's in the engine, they can tune it accordingly.

Or plan on saving $4000-5000 to do a ej257 and etc to do it right.

Then again, the car is 12y/o...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Also for all I know the engine could be a good one. I’m just going off of what I read about them online reviews. About most people say they leak. Some say they seized up in a year. And a few people actually say theirs been going for some years now.

Do I think they used oem parts? Nope just wouldn’t seem practical for them to do that to get their profit in.

But that’s what has me on the ropes about throwing a timing belt kit and some seals at this engine and the chance of it turning around and crapping out at me soon after lol I’m one of those people that always thinks about the worst possibly outcomes.

Also the black plastic y on the pcv valve I ended up cracking it. Right now I have it clamps into the black hose and connecting to the manifold.

Would this be fine or should I order the plastic piece and hook it back up to the turbo inlet?

The pcv and plastic housing can be had for about $10 from a dealer. Subaru PN 11819AA001.

• 3 weeks later...