LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

It's the front also. Same section as yours.

lol. Kids. Can basically not blame them, but so, so frustrating.

When I realized what they had done, I was far more happy no one had fallen off onto the concrete driveway, than I was upset about the cracking. My bad for not watching them (at that age)!

There's a guy on the SubaruOutback.org forums who has been trying to sell his front pane for the last 11 months. He has it listed at $120 obo. I offered him $90 to come pick it up (he's local to me) and he was willing to part with it.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/fs-05-09-outback-sunroof-glass-federal-way-wa.513757/#post-5982432

First offer is usually the best offer. I'd say shoot him a PM and see if he won't let it go for $40-50 + shipping. Finding a pick and pull will be your best bet though.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

In the midst of deep-cleaning this sucker. Everything except the mother board has come apart. It is absolutely squeaky-clean.

On another note can some please help me figure out how to post pictures and have the ability to type between them in the case that I needed to explain them individually. Other members seem to have it figures out, yet I only know how to post pics as "Attached thumbnails".

IMG_3302-min.thumb.JPG.a6821f962090776a911d99e84d07f0c3.JPG

MILKRUN  - Click Here

In the midst of deep-cleaning this sucker. Everything except the mother board has come apart. It is absolutely squeaky-clean.

On another note can some please help me figure out how to post pictures and have the ability to type between them in the case that I needed to explain them individually. Other members seem to have it figures out, yet I only know how to post pics as "Attached thumbnails".

I mean I just do things by typing. And then uploading through tapatalk cuz I'm always on my phone.

a4fd5d8c05dbc29c16767f1a8cccef50.jpg

I have no idea how it actually looks on a pc or mobile website though.

a302b55043de979d28146ac0aec49b73.jpg

Some shots I took from the last rally cross.

26efd8fc8e3d5da7e3b920c17db118f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's rad. (rally cross)

I'm probably doing it the hard way, but here's how i do it:

Right click and copy image url (Snorlax.jpg) and paste it between img tags [ img ] url [ / img ]

attachment.php?attachmentid=285619&stc=1&d=1594774583

attachment.php?attachmentid=285618&stc=1&d=1594774461

... and then you can remove the attachments from the "Manage Attachments" screen. They are already uploaded.

Lol those are broken links for me. There's a post on here SOMEWHERE but I couldn't find it. Or maybe it was in my build thread someone told me how to do it. Can't remember.

I think the way a lot of the diy threads do is to load the pics is what you do. So they are on our servers. Or you can do the scooby mods way of making a pdf and loading up your pdf. Nothing worse than trying to follow a 10 year old diy with broken images.

Lol those are broken links for me. There's a post on here SOMEWHERE but I couldn't find it. Or maybe it was in my build thread someone told me how to do it. Can't remember.

I think the way a lot of the diy threads do is to load the pics is what you do. So they are on our servers. Or you can do the scooby mods way of making a pdf and loading up your pdf. Nothing worse than trying to follow a 10 year old diy with broken images.

Doht! It still shows the pics in my browser, even after multiple reloads. Hrmm, confirmed on my phone, no pics. Maybe not okay to delete the attachments.

I'm just trying to help out, heh. My usual method is to upload the pics to my paid Flickr account, and paste in the bbcode between the img tags. I own the pics, I control the pics, which I prefer.

Attempt two, using the built in attachment tool:

Right click and copy image url (Snorlax.jpg) and paste it between img tags [ img ] url [ / img ]

attachment.php?attachmentid=285621&stc=1&d=1594788063

attachment.php?attachmentid=285622&stc=1&d=1594788063

... and then you can remove the attachments from the "Manage Attachments" screen. They are already uploaded.

Nah, don't do that.

attachments.png.fc5bc3d0ab0f2c276dff935117227e11.png

Snorlax.thumb.jpg.0562256ab0f8586f05f0d1dc0b8142c4.jpg

Edited by rebourne

Yep that's it. Man I forgot you have that sweet vw. I love the way it looks with those wheels. I've showed it off a few times to people lol.

I'm flattered! I've had some cool cars, IMHO, but never one that turned heads like this one.

I really appreciate that assistance. Makes for a life-changing forum experience :lol:

12008-thumbs-up-icon.png

@rebourne did you find your starting issue?

Ironically my truck was dead after 5days of sitting in the driveway. While gone apparently my FM transmitter draws enough to kill the battery.

We went to Kansas City to bring home my girlfriends(new to her) 18' Magnetite Grey 3.6r and road tripped back. She loves it so far! Already swapped over STI wheels not even a day after having it home!

too funny. Ended up having the truck not start again today. Figured the 125miles I drove yesterday would've juiced it back up, apparently not, so new interstate battery from Costco it is.

TL;DR starter

I think I got it figured out. I pulled B14 on the starter and when turning the ignition to start, it was hot. That gives a thumbs up to every thing else in the chain. Curiously not shown in the diagram is the always on line directly from the battery. That threw me for a bit, as I didn't see B14 (note to self: use a better flash light and wear your glasses), so I was trying to understand why there was 12V there without the ignition at start.

50130905601_4a306044ae_c.jpg

With everything but the starter checking out, i did what every shade tree mechanic does. I wacked it with a hammer. Well a rubber mallet in my case. Hit it with both the handle and the hammer a bunch of times. Started right up. I'm thinking it's probably binding up from all the sitting, and being old. I'm not going to bother to tear it down and diy rebuild.

RockAuto has a few good options, ACDelco reman from a Denso, Denso reman (manual says oem is Denso) . Looks like a simple enough job.

I moved it to the other side of the driveway, so it's not blocking my wife's car.... meaning I have at least another few weeks to deal with it...

Always will remember my grandfather arcing his starter to life with a claw hammer while cruising his flea market rounds in his Willys Wagon. Ignition switch failed. Quick fix to get us home. Have used this method to confirm starter switch failure/wire faul a couple times now. In my case a screwdriver. Edited by kzr750r1

• 1 month later...

I got zero for ya, other than a semi related situation.

Our 98 Integra barfed PS fluid all over our driveway and the street, just moving it out of the way. And by barf, it emptied the whole reservoir in seconds. It's a seal in the rack and you need special tools to rebuild it. Most say it's better to get a rebuilt rack @RockAuto for ~$170-210 after core exchange. I've always done my own work on my Hondas, but I've read a few how-tos and watched a few videos... uh... yuck. and damn I'm getting lazy. We live in Honda-land (US corporate is across the street from one of my favorite local breweries) and I've found a couple very reputable shops on yelp I am considering doing the job.

My rule of thumb is if I have to buy tool$ that I am only going to use once... let someone else do it. They probably know how to use the tools correctly versus me the first time, or have already figured out how to do it without that damn tool anyways.

Oh, and if a lift makes it 5x easier, same rule applies. 2x or 3x i can handle... but a man has his limits.

Problem is it's leaking so bad, do i have to tow it there just to get an estimate?

Somehow or another, I was unsubscribed to this thread. And here I thought there wasn't much going on!

Catching up, in July I swapped to BNR 16g, added GS TMIC, AEM WBO2, GS EBCS, GS AOS, ID720's, GS Intake, TGV delete, air pump delete, and 235/50/17 Federal Evoluzion ST1 tires.

This weekend, I installed BC BRs for legacy I got from Itsdaniel in the classifieds, KTA-124, legacy bump stops, legacy control arms, and moog problem solver inner and outer tie rods. Rears are set at max height and fronts can come up another 3/4". I'll probably make a 3/4" spacer for the rear and come up 1/2" in the front. Ride is surprisingly good and mostly no rub. Backing up turning left just a little on front left inner. mJUh7qH

I finally got around to installing the 1" saggy butt spacers I've had for about a year. Brought the rear (Legacy suspension) up perfectly for my uses with just a touch of positive rake. Unfortunately, the other thing I did simultaneously was scratch the crap out of part of my tailgate when I took a break and decided to close the garage door while the lid was up and the car was on jack stands. DOH!