LegacyGT.com

Brake Reccomendations

Dre617

Hey all,

Been looking around and just trying to see if anyone has some recommendations for brake pads. Have STI Front Calipers and stock rears, I am looking around for pads and rotors to do a complete brake job but not sure who makes good equipment. I see powerstop, centric, ebc, hawks, and stoptech. I do recognize a few of the names but haven't really been active on keeping up their performance. They are going to be use for street application, don't plan to track this car till I am able to get a 2nd vehicle. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to get some that aren't very dusty.

Thanks and sorry if this info is somewhere, did a search but couldnt drill thru all the different threads

Hey Boxkita,

Which 3 are you referring to? I did read some of the information listed on there including you recommending Hawk HPS brake pads, which tbh I have bough Hawk in the past and have had no issues with them, just want to see what others have experienced.

I'll be installing rear Centric premium rotors and Akebono pads on my 05 Wagon next week, purchased at Rock. I have Hawk on the fron,t seem to squeak at times even though I've bedded them, my mechanic swears by the Akebono!

I've run DBA rotors (4000 series) with Hawk HPS pads on my '05 GT wagon for years, and have been very pleased with the combination. Great stopping power, very quiet, low dust amounts, and good durability.

I initially re-did my car's brakes in 2007 (pads, rotors, SS lines), at about 35,000 miles (I bought the car new in 2004). By then, the OEM rotors had warped 3 times and I decided to upgrade. Unless I missed something in my quick review of my notes, the rotors now have about 117,000 miles on them, and I think the rear pads, too. I have changed the front pads once, the first set lasted about 55,000 miles, the second set has a little more than that on them now, and I'll be replacing them soon.

My wagon has always been a daily driver, never been tracked, but it does get to go on a spirited GA/TN/NC mountain drive every once in a while.

• 4 weeks later...
Yea I ended up buying Centric Rotors for the rears with Hawk HPS pads. Now I got to buy my front brakes but I am unsure if I have the combination correct. My car has the 04 STI conversion done, so if I am buying front brakes I need to buy "04 STI brake pads & rotors" not "04 STI Pads & LGT Rotors", right?

• 1 month later...