good deal on bbs wheels

suds2250

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's how they look (just scroll down a bit to skip my long-winded verbage:)):

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5757

That IS a great deal on those wheels. I think the 48mm offset may improve the handling as the track is increased by a little over 1/2" at both ends. These BBSs are not the same the (2005 anyway) stock 17" 9-2X wheels BTW. Those wheels are made by Enkei, have a shinier finish and slightly different design and a 55mm offset.

It appears they'll fit our '06 LOB.

Can anyone confirm?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 1 month later...
Forged wheels for $140? We can all dream, can't we:) Sorry, they're cast, but reasonably light at ~18 lb. Someone else found a better deal for these on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Subaru-Saab-Alloy-Wheels_W0QQitemZ8031976678QQcategoryZ43957QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought mine from them - the seller is Charles River SAAB in Watertown, MA. I paid $500 for the wheels, NIB with the BBS center caps, and even the stem.

Weighed them on a postal scale at work and they are exactly 18 lbs.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Not so sure about that, since these are all the remaining ones Saab had, and then they will be gone. Then again, how many did they buy? :lol:

The dealer I bought them from had over 100 wheels in stock. I know he's sold 12...... Charles River SAAB, Watertown, MA $500 plus shipping.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Hey, can you post photos of how they look on your ride?

Thanks.

I can post a photo of these wheels on an iON-lowered wagon if you wish. Just lemme know.

BTW, via another thread, you can buy 5 of these BBS wheels which gives you a full size spare that fits in your trunk/rear well (I can attest that 225 width plus a tire repair kit on top holds up the wagon's rear deck cover nicely) and then you can sell your 4 OEM wheels/tires on Ebay. The last OEM auction netted $660 for 4 Legacy wheels with the RE92s. I just started my auction and am at $390, with several "side bets" meaning guys emailing me to stop the auction and sell them for $500. So you can make up your investment in these BBS RKs fairly easily, FWIW.

The dealer I bought them from had over 100 wheels in stock. I know he's sold 12...... Charles River SAAB, Watertown, MA $500 plus shipping.

If you can't figure it out from my post above, I jumped on this. I spoke with Peter in their parts dept. and he was very flexible with the pricing. I suspect he would have gone lower than my "lowball" offer.

Anyway wheels arrived today (one day shipping from MA to NJ) and I'm very excited. Unfortunately I know that once there are BBS's on the car, a little voice will chime in and remind me how much nicer they will look about an inch closer to the fenders. :icon_bigg

If you can't figure it out from my post above, I jumped on this. I spoke with Peter in their parts dept. and he was very flexible with the pricing. I suspect he would have gone lower than my "lowball" offer.

Anyway wheels arrived today (one day shipping from MA to NJ) and I'm very excited. Unfortunately I know that once there are BBS's on the car, a little voice will chime in and remind me how much nicer they will look about an inch closer to the fenders. :icon_bigg

Check your pms

Archived