LegacyGT.com

Top feed conversion

Hey guys,

After countless nights of searching...yes I actually searched... I haven’t really found a good tutorial of the top feed conversion for the 05 LGT. I have DW rails and 1000cc injectors with a 65c pump. Also ordered the ID fuel line kit today. I get the injector instal itself...it’s pretty self explanatory. As far as routing the lines and fittings, it’s boggling me by looking at pictures and not getting hands on. If anyone knows of a full and good tutorial or even a diagram that would be very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take off the intake manifold and TGVs as an assembly then remove all the side feed rails. Install top feed rails.

TGV delete install tutorials might help too.

**edit**

forgot to mention that fuel dampers are part of the side feed rails, you might want to source the top feed fuel rail dampers that are near the strut tower.

take off the intake manifold and TGVs as an assembly then remove all the side feed rails. Install top feed rails.

TGV delete install tutorials might help too.

**edit**

forgot to mention that fuel dampers are part of the side feed rails, you might want to source the top feed fuel rail dampers that are near the strut tower.

Are you talking about the FPR? The fittings on the end of it aren’t the weird green connectors it’s just a nipple and a hose so I’m thinking I should be able to plumb 5/16 line to it?

On my OBXT the fuel dampers and FPR are right next to the driver strut tower. When I did my custom setup, I did parrallel lines that t in the middle and then one line for the supply and one line for the return each got routed to the fuel area by the drivers strut tower. I hope that makes sense.

I'm curious about a tutorial on this as well as I'm in the process of piecing all the required parts to do the conversion. I saw a video on YT about sourcing the stock top feed rails from another car. I'll probably compile a tutorial once I figure out how to go about it and find all the required parts.

05 legacy gt with a top feed conversion done.

Tgv, fuel rails, injectors and top fuel line were from a 2010 wrx.

cf7fca7bd5fd4795f67a98076aebe862.jpg

Don’t forget that 2007 to 2012 Legacy Gt are top feed as well.