LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread

snow05gtRI

This thread may be old but still awesome!

I'm extremely curious to hear a stock/OEM catback with a CATTED downpipe. Thinking about the Invidia catted downpipe with stock exhaust and would love to hear it before purchasing.

It's a while after you asked, but here's mine. OEM catback. Invidia catted downpipe, TurboXS catless up pipe. Currently running the OTS Cobb stage 2 tune, I might make some adjustments to get more pops and crackles out of it.

It sounds slightly louder than stock from the driver's seat. I'd like it to be just a touch louder. Maybe aforementioned pops and crackles will blow out the resonator a bit for me.

[ame]youtube.com/watch?v=jRKBMD546eI[/ame]

Here's an outside of the car with my exhaust. A bit raspier than I can hear in the car. Some cruising and 3 WOTs.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoiGEDMnEXM[/ame]

Edited by SSpeed

• 6 months later...
Hello everyone I'm planing on buying a CBE next month for my 2009 LGT but I don't know which one to get. I'm looking for something smooth and quiet at the low rpms and soothing deep, aggressive at the high rpms. Can someone recommend me something. I was looking at the HKS one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
OK guys and gal's we are now Balls deep into 2017 and i am looking for a nice sounding exhaust (of course) and i like the look of the HKS hi power(even know I'm 40 shhhh) but i really don't want some crazy drone exhaust when I'm on the highway traveling to kick some PDGA azz....I have listened to all kinds of videos and like Borla and also Magnaflow but they both have clamps not flanges and this scares me especially because I'm in the salt belt....Sooo does HKS really Drone your ears to bleed??? And does anybody know of some other good AVAILABLE exhausts out there? :confused:

OK guys and gal's we are now Balls deep into 2017 and i am looking for a nice sounding exhaust (of course) and i like the look of the HKS hi power(even know I'm 40 shhhh) but i really don't want some crazy drone exhaust when I'm on the highway traveling to kick some PDGA azz....I have listened to all kinds of videos and like Borla and also Magnaflow but they both have clamps not flanges and this scares me especially because I'm in the salt belt....Sooo does HKS really Drone your ears to bleed??? And does anybody know of some other good AVAILABLE exhausts out there? :confused:

I have the HKS Silent Hi-Power with stock mid and Invidia catted downpipe on my 2005 wagon. Love the sound, it's there, but not too loud. There is a little drone around 2200 rpm, but for highway driving >65 it's nice and quiet. I used to have a set of 5" Nameless axleback, one of the best sounds for accelerating, but the drone just killed me on the highway. Overall, I'm much happier with the HKS Silent Hi-power. If you go that route, remember that in Japan the rear bumper is shorter, so if you match your body style, they will be tucked up a bit (unless you replace with a JDM bumper, which I'm planning to do at some point). The wagon set will be a little longer and may fit better on a US sedan, but I haven't seen it in person.

Edited by Infosecdad

Here are a couple pictures during the install. They fit quite nicely, one day I'll get a JDM rear bumper and they'll be a little less tucked in. No melting so far, several 10 hr drives, just get dirty back there over time; nothing the occasional car wash hasn't been able to clean up.

IMG_2758_small.thumb.JPG.39c39e4ed77f03dfbdb06ca792f19dd2.JPG

IMG_2760.thumb.JPG.1df00f747fb363327222f4e7fcbf53bc.JPG

I have Cobb on my built 2005 outback "STI" that just recently sold.

My 2013 STI hatch I just purchased is getting Cobb.

I'm almost 49 and I love the Cobb deep sound

The. Ever Cobb units have a resonator in the mid pipe

• 2 months later...

I picked up a Prodrive axle back setup (with the original oval tips) from Fleabay ...for far too much $ probably...but wow, what a sound. Really deep and smooth...

They are a bit boomy at low RPM and light throttle (but not exactly loud), perhaps because of the wagon. But when i'm on it and at that point the engine noise takes over for the most part. On the highway or cruise...virtually no sound.

Moral of the story, if you keep the stock front end, most axle back setups should be fairly subtle if the cans are good quality.

I'm a bit concerned about the sound when I go to a larger DP though...I'm a guy coming from a SpecB that was just a Cobb DP with stock exhaust and that was pretty mint. maybe just a shorty DP OR...STI quads I guess....:lol:

• 1 month later...
I have the HKS Silent Hi-Power with stock mid and Invidia catted downpipe on my 2005 wagon. Love the sound, it's there, but not too loud. There is a little drone around 2200 rpm, but for highway driving >65 it's nice and quiet. I used to have a set of 5" Nameless axleback, one of the best sounds for accelerating, but the drone just killed me on the highway. Overall, I'm much happier with the HKS Silent Hi-power. If you go that route, remember that in Japan the rear bumper is shorter, so if you match your body style, they will be tucked up a bit (unless you replace with a JDM bumper, which I'm planning to do at some point). The wagon set will be a little longer and may fit better on a US sedan, but I haven't seen it in person.

I was going back and forth with the nameless plus custom or the HKS silent hi-power and I keep coming back to the Hi power it looks neat and tidy

The PO installed what looks to be some ebay axleback and the drone and the rather lack of a deep tone drove me nuts I can't wait to change it in a few months hopefully.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

I am looking for Cobb catted DP with all remaining stock exhaust system (stock Y pipe with resonator and muffler). Does anyone has sound/video?

I am looking for silent performance, i am not looking for loud solution

Thanks all, Legacy love!

Hi all,

I am looking for Cobb catted DP with all remaining stock exhaust system (stock Y pipe with resonator and muffler). Does anyone has sound/video?

I am looking for silent performance, i am not looking for loud solution

Thanks all, Legacy love! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...