LegacyGT.com

Help with starlink sensors

Hi all, I am new to the forum. My girlfriend has a 2015 legacy premium, 2.5L motor and has all the driver assists and safety features of the starlink package. She slid down a hill going about 5-10 mph during a recent snow storm and hit a snow bank messing up her front bumper and driver side fog light. Her service starlink system lights are on and her lane departure and active cruise control lights are on as well. It seems the sensors were busted or relocated in the accident. I bought a new bumper cover but when it comes to the foglight all the options online say "for vehicles without driver assist system".

My question is, is the lane departure or any other sensor built into the foglight? If so where can I find the correct foglight to buy? Also does anyone know the location of all the safety sensors at the front of the car so I can check them all?

Thanks in advance for all the input.

Hi all, I am new to the forum. My girlfriend has a 2015 legacy premium, 2.5L motor and has all the driver assists and safety features of the starlink package. She slid down a hill going about 5-10 mph during a recent snow storm and hit a snow bank messing up her front bumper and driver side fog light. Her service starlink system lights are on and her lane departure and active cruise control lights are on as well. It seems the sensors were busted or relocated in the accident. I bought a new bumper cover but when it comes to the foglight all the options online say "for vehicles without driver assist system".

My question is, is the lane departure or any other sensor built into the foglight? If so where can I find the correct foglight to buy? Also does anyone know the location of all the safety sensors at the front of the car so I can check them all?

Thanks in advance for all the input.

no, the foglight is just a foglight. The eyesight system is all by your rear view mirror (including lane departure).

Personally, I like the morimito XB foglights as they are LED and a noticeable improvement from OEM, but you can probably source OEM equivalents for cheaper.

good luck!

When I was looking at parts.subaru.com I did see a difference between fog lights. I think fog lights for the eyesight models have a msrp of around $90, and without eyesight was around $50. Cars101 says the eyesight models have steering responsive fog lights, so that probably plays some part

When I was looking at parts.subaru.com I did see a difference between fog lights. I think fog lights for the eyesight models have a msrp of around $90, and without eyesight was around $50. Cars101 says the eyesight models have steering responsive fog lights, so that probably plays some part

The SRF functionality is built into the electrical system. Nothing in the fog lights themselves. However, the fog lights that come on the Limited trip are a glass reflector vs the others I believe get a plastic reflector. That should be the reason for the price difference.

I'm not entirely sure if they get different bulbs as well. But as long as you get the one that matches the bulb connector you have on the car, you should be good.

Yeah but I'm reading that the fog lights actually turn in the direction that the vehicle is traveling for increased visibility.. So there must be something different about the fog light assembly to allow that to happen.

Yeah but I'm reading that the fog lights actually turn in the direction that the vehicle is traveling for increased visibility.. So there must be something different about the fog light assembly to allow that to happen.

This is false!!it does not actually turn.

It just turns on the light on the side that you are turning; no motors. There are no sensors on the front (aside from the front impact module for the airbags of course). All of the safety features are handled by the eyesight system which is behind the windshield.

The BSM/RCTA sensors are behind the rear bumper on each corner.

Archived