Official: Utah Chat Thread - VOL 2

Hops

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah the kit is pretty pricey. Then when you add the cost of the AP and a new tune on top it is a bit painful. I dropped something like $1850 total and that was with the Black Friday discounts ($900 of that for the flex fuel kit along with the fuel pressure sensor kit). I haven't even received the kit yet and I'm already having a bit of buyer's remorse thinking I should have just pieced together a flex fuel and fuel sensor setup myself and saved some cash. Oh well, I guess it will all be pretty easy to install and convenient with the included harnesses and mounting brackets, etc. I'm not looking forward to pulling off my intake manifold but I'll be doing tgv deletes so I'll probably also end up putting a new turbo inlet in as well. I'm wondering if I should do ELHs too. KillerB would be nice but not cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to Ryan at Simple, he was able to update my old V2 get the map loaded onto his lappy, and load it to my V3. Had a good chat with him during load time, definitely changing my fuel lines to a parallel set up when I am changing it to the ID1000 this winter/spring.

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

• 3 weeks later...
Quick plug here, but if you get the chance, and haven't already done it, I suggest going down to Hopkins brewery, good pub with great brews, and even better people.

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Starting a new build. Moving to a 6 cylinder. :icon_bigg Build thread if any locals want to follow along: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-year-new-build-v-3-0-ri-277229.html

If anyone is interested in the 4 cylinder, I'll have it out next week. IAG stage 2 shortblock with 3200 miles. Heads are built with around 42000 miles on them. I'm going to place an ad on ksl for it once I have it out and I'll put a link to it here.

20190103_100236.thumb.jpg.f091aaa28866efc4b5e4a70f114551a4.jpg

Edited by BrandonspecB

Quick plug here, but if you get the chance, and haven't already done it, I suggest going down to Hopkins brewery, good pub with great brews, and even better people.

Spent my NYE there! Only a 20 min walk from my place. Thought the beer was pretty good. I will have to go back to try their food.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally finished the rebuild on the outback... only took 7 months ha Subaru’s.

Ended up scraping the jdm motor idea after it was damaged in freight and just went with a fully forged 255. Stayed 5 speed on the gearbox too and I’m very happy about it. Went with a rallispec sti ra set and then had the gears cryo treated for extra insurance. Feels super solid and playful.

822D9EEC-402D-4BE8-8EE2-1E3F3237CFBB.thumb.png.5f560aae330dd02f8178d636fa1cfd5f.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dang. If I'd waited just a bit longer I'd have grabbed that instead of my now blown up outback xt.

I'm just starting to get parts together for the short block replacement and was wondering if people had thoughts on a machine shop for that.

Also are people here going with a local tuner or running ordered tunes from someone like cryo? I'm just going to do stage 1 but don't know if I should grab the accessport v2 in the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk