LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

The airbox milk jug / intake resonance chamber is different between the 5th gens and current WRX/Levorg... so if this thing is designed for those, it will not mate cleanly.

Look for the no longer made HKS funnel. That is PnP but a. hard to find now b. fairly pointless just like this thing.

The intake resonance chamber is on there for a reason, leave it on. Just as you should leave the stock intake on, stock paper filter (or worse case Cosworth or AEM dryflow or Amsoil nanfiber dropins).

If you remove the resonator, expect MAF transfer function instability, MAF spikes, calced Load errors, idle issues, idle fuel trim issues, tip-in/out issues, but hey if the extra noise is worth it - go for it!

For what it's worth, Wangan SPL does make a funnel for the BM/BR, but I've also never seen it for anything less that like $180. I have the HKS funnel that I got for $85 secondhand.

Here's a Yahoo.jp store link for it. They always use the VA/VM display picture for the ads though: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k325714544

Thx Humble. I had the HKS funnel when it was still readily available and cheap ($50 if I recall).

I recommend anyone who uses it or removes the milk jug / intake resonator - put it back.

OE intake (even down to the drop-in) is the way to go on these cars, especially since the ECU is

so dependent on MAF and MAP signal stability and accuracy and IAT comps kill timing with too much heat-soak on non-OE intake tubes.

Been awhile since the legacy has had anything bought for it, but since the stock suspension is pretty much toast, ordered some Tein Street Basis Z coils since they fell in the same price range as new OE struts/springs. Also ordered KYB replacement strut mounts for all 4 corners.

Been awhile since the legacy has had anything bought for it, but since the stock suspension is pretty much toast, ordered some Tein Street Basis Z coils since they fell in the same price range as new OE struts/springs. Also ordered KYB replacement strut mounts for all 4 corners.

Been using those for about 10k now. Surprisingly not bad for the cheapest coils on the market. I also put a 1" lift in at the same time, and I'm pretty happy with the range of height adjustment for snowy climates.

Just wanted to make sure you guys didnt get left out and know that they just released flex fuel kits for the 10-12 legacy gt. We just dropped our special pricing and didnt want to forget about ya!

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cryotune-cobb-flexfuel-etune-and-dyno-pricing-276618.html

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

My horns went out - had Hella supertones - so gonna try their sharptones... sorta will add a bit of color in my front as well.

Also switching out my dash cam. I have a thinkware (great cam BTW) now but bought a Kenwood one - https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-DRV-N520-Recorder-select-receivers/dp/B0711CB4M1 Reason is that it connects into my Kenwood headunit perfectly. Now to find time to get them both installed....

do you use a bracket or aftermarket harness for the horns, or just cut and splice for the connections and stock mounting brackets? Can the harness/pigtail be removed from the OEM horns and attached to the aftermarket horns? I am considering these, but wasn't sure what was the best mounting (I know there are brackets available for the WRX, but wasn't sure for the legacy)

do you use a bracket or aftermarket harness for the horns, or just cut and splice for the connections and stock mounting brackets? Can the harness/pigtail be removed from the OEM horns and attached to the aftermarket horns? I am considering these, but wasn't sure what was the best mounting (I know there are brackets available for the WRX, but wasn't sure for the legacy)

Made my own bracket from a steel tie from home depot. Little bit of primer and rattle can flat black. Not the best picture6

http://i.imgur.com/KLRFEIc.jpg

Wired it myself. Just used the relay that came with the horns. Fused 12V from battery, signal from factory horn wire, and a ground for the relay. It's not super neat in a loom but it's not a rats nest either. There are guides on wiring them up.

Finished my Koni/H&R install!

Broke a wheelstud :rolleyes: Welcome to hot-rodding :D

Alignment tomorrow, wheels soon (I hope).

Ugh, I've been loving these Koni's :lol: I'm not ashamed to say that I have it now at 1.5F and 1.25R. Highway lane changes are a breeze. Cutting around corners now isn't a roll fest. I found that I need more DIY foam bolstering in the right sides of both the passenger and driver side so that's on my to-do this winter.

Ugh, I've been loving these Koni's :lol: I'm not ashamed to say that I have it now at 1.5F and 1.25R. Highway lane changes are a breeze. Cutting around corners now isn't a roll fest. I found that I need more DIY foam bolstering in the right sides of both the passenger and driver side so that's on my to-do this winter.

You guys are killing me with the Koni upgrade. I drop hints here and there to my wife, but, we are replacing the carpet throughout our house with vinyl plank flooring within a few months. Hard to justify. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Bought the raceseng weighted hybrid shifter and Perrin shifter bushing . I also called Eibach asking about springs for 13 -14 legacy , but they said they never made springs for my car but I thought I’ve read that several people here have them installed , Am I mistaking ?

Free Etune Giveaway?.........Happy holidays and please share your pay it forward ideas here -

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/free-e-tune-givaway-happy-holidays-277016.html?p=5858445#post5858445

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.