LegacyGT.com

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve - anybody using one?

I was about to order one of these but now I'm not exactly sure which one I need, and if they hold up overtime.

This the one that I'm thinking about getting but unsure if it will fit my car (2006 OBXT):

https://www.amazon.com/Fumoto-F106N-Drain-Valve-Nipple/dp/B07D995XRF/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/141-8348809-0403124?pd_rd_w=4Bk0P&pf_rd_p=c64372fa-c41c-422e-990d-9e034f73989b&pf_rd_r=36M73QCTYT09ATHAW3G2&pd_rd_r=aa4f014d-f79a-4bbf-a929-6555fea1622b&pd_rd_wg=HDz9L&pd_rd_i=B07D995XRF&psc=1

Anybody use one? And how did it hold up over time?

Thanks!

I've got one on the Outback. They are awesome and very convenient fwiw. Unfortunately, and I am one of very, very few outliers, mine has developed the smallest leak ever. No dripping. Just seepage. This was noticed after 6K miles (two oil changes) I'll be addressing this much sooner than later.

FWIW, most everyone else has not had any issues and had nothing but great experiences with them.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I have three of them, been using them for many years. No leaks, ever.

Get the nipple and a short hose, drain directly into a jug. Hint, empty milk gallon jug with a screw on top, Walmart has 1% mile for $2.35 or less.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Same here, draining directly into an empty oil jug is the way to go. The only drawback is that you do not get a small amount of oil out due to Fumoto valve threads being quite deep.

I have three of them, been using them for many years. No leaks, ever.

Get the nipple and a short hose, drain directly into a jug. Hint, empty milk gallon jug with a screw on top, Walmart has 1% mile for $2.35 or less.

Have one on an OB and it's definitely a mess/time saver. Only worry is knocking it on something (road debris, tall rocks on 4x4 roads, etc) since it does stick out further than the stock oil plug... Keep the stock oil plug in the car just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my Fumoto on the LGT for 15 years. Zero problems.

EDIT: also for on several Toyotas I also have. Zero problems.

Edited by unclemat

• 4 weeks later...