LegacyGT.com

AVO Chargepipe

Hello all,

I have the ability to get the AVO chargepipes for the 5thgen GT’s. They are available in red,Black,and blue. The price would be $245+shipping and PayPal fees. These were normally $328 3143f00a403bfcc9f7874733b9b0191a.jpgplus shipping (depending where purchased some larger companies offered free shipping, I can’t) Yes, they are brand new from AVO. If you would like to purchase one please let me know as I will need to order a minimum of 10units. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks RikGT. I found an archived post by Elesedil a few years back in which they passed on a tech’s comment about fitment of the AVO charge pipe. Do you or does anyone here have any views on whether this one would rub/wear on other components due to shape/fit? I’d be quite interested if it’s not going to be problematic down the road.

A member posted his install comments in this thread -

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/avo-intercooler-hose-250070.html?t=250070&styleid=27

Fahr_side mentioned that he trusts the OE pipe to about 20psi but he said to remove the slip on connector couplings (?), have not dived in there to see what he meant by that.

But with dgoodhue posting his blown pipe recently, I'm looking at options as well.

I think by slip-on connectors he may have been referring to the same prob I recently had with my pipe - wasn’t a pipe problem per se, but a degradation of the factory install helpers on either end, which just need to be removed after they get weakened and create leaks.

Thanks for finding that other thread. The proximity to the fan shroud might be the issue, but probably not a biggie. Can fashion some chafing gear if that starts happening.

Thanks RikGT. I found an archived post by Elesedil a few years back in which they passed on a tech’s comment about fitment of the AVO charge pipe. Do you or does anyone here have any views on whether this one would rub/wear on other components due to shape/fit? I’d be quite interested if it’s not going to be problematic down the road.

I have the AVO CP and I personally recommend running a slim fan but you can run it with the OEM fan but need to trim down the bolt ends that stick out or they will press on the CP. I had it with the trimmed OEM fan for about 3-4 months but I decided to go with a slim fan just to have extra room.

NP dudemonster.

RikGT, thanks for the additional insight. How will this work for people with upgraded thicker rads? I have a slightly thicker than stock aluminum rad (16mm vs 12mm stock).

Some people have even thicker STI aluminum rads too.

NP dudemonster.

RikGT, thanks for the additional insight. How will this work for people with upgraded thicker rads? I have a slightly thicker than stock aluminum rad (16mm vs 12mm stock).

Some people have even thicker STI aluminum rads too.

I run a thicker Koyorad for an STi and I have a slim fan. If you’re increasing the width of the radiator then you will need a slimfan. These are designed with the OEM radiator not a thicker aftermarket one

That is obviously posted by someone who is touchy and wants everything to be perfect out the box. Sometimes you have to tweak a bit and by no means is the fitment “terrible” lol. I doubt the company would have made them and sold that many all over the world if they sucked so much.

Also, FWIW, the fitment of the AVO chargepipe is terrible. In hindsight, I wish I would have kept the OEM and simply cut off the intercooler-connection end and bridge this area with a 6-inch silicone coupler. Instead, I have wrestled with the AVO-chargepipe half dozen times to get it to somewhat align with the turbo outlet without jacking-up the BPV connection. In fact, I have swapped the connection from the inlet pipe to BPV with a bent silicone coupler to relieve the mess, but it is still a frigg'n mess that is all caused by the AVO chargepipe.

You might need help installing it correctly because I don’t have any of the issues you say you have and neither do a few other 5th gens with the AVO CP. I’m not really sure why you’re having this problem. I’ve emailed my rep at AVO about it and he is looking into it but said he’s never seen those issues either. Can you post some pics so I can show him?

I already change my stock charge pipe due to it splitting so I don't need another one. I couldn't find the AVO CP so I assume it was discontinued. There are not really aren't any other bolt in options for 5th Gen GT CP.

What did you end up going with?

I already change my stock charge pipe due to it splitting so I don't need another one. I couldn't find the AVO CP so I assume it was discontinued. There are not really aren't any other bolt in options for 5th Gen GT CP.

HKS makes one as well.

Why doesn't the Grimm-speed fit again? I remember reading something about the Wrx turbo outlet positioned/ angled differently? It looks to be be manageable with a small modification, no?

The wrx outlet is angled a lot more but it may be more than that, I thought someone here had comparison pictures but I could be wrong.

Also the by pass valve is 25mm vs the LGT 34mm

That is easily fixable. I run a boomba BPV for the 15+WRX and have a pic somewhere of the hose you use to act as an adapter the way other companies do. Once I find pic with the part number I will post. It’s available at any parts store.