LegacyGT.com

5th Gen owners....who are we??

Def a premium, cold weather package, moonroof but no HK audio. The difference in working on a legacy vs impreza/wrx are interesting.

Even my 15 wrx didn't have the extra panels in the footwell, also the firewall on the legacy has sound deadening and padding on it that makes for finding access holes more difficult :)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I feel like am afew years late to this post. Just joined the forum.

30 y.o, Male, Accountant.

Am not a new subaru owner, I've had an impreza before, this is my first legacy though. Just bought a 2012 legacy DIT imported from the JDM.

The Legacy came with legacy bilstein suspension. Swapped with outback suspension, it has larger clearance now. It came with 225/40R19 tires on 19 inch Rays forged Rims. Changed the tires to 245/40R19.

Glad to be part of the group

- 2012 Legacy 3.6r white pearl

- 30 years old

- College Athletic Turf

- I’ve never personally owned a Subaru, but a lot of my friends did growing up and my brother has a bugeye WRX, So I was always around them and always wanted one. I had a turbo 240sx and and E46 coupe, bought this because it was low mileage and I needed a commuter, Legacy feels great and the 3.6 is pretty quick without having to deal with a turbo. Always loved the flat six sound. I miss driving a manual though. The paddle shifters, although helpful in telling the trans where to be when you want it, is very boring and in no way comparable lol.

- no mods yet besides debadging the trunk. Might do some small thing here and there, again mostly a fun and comfy commuter, but it’s hard not to want to do a few small mods, especially an exhaust.

My old cars, certainly nothing special. Won’t be lowering this one like these. I’m over that whole thing.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7218/7186120274_97f46aa112_c_d.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8156/7186133000_a8ec6e8405_c_d.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4914519224_6e538fe2ea_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4533289509_cc4c025c1f_b.jpg

Edited by BrandonCB

I’ll post some once I get off work, I only have a couple cell pics though.

*edit*

Here ya go, nothing cool yet. I am really enjoying the car though, excellent cruiser driving 70 miles a day, little wander on the highway sometimes.

Got it about a month ago with only 50K on the odometer, 70miles a day adds up very quickly though :icon_sad:

49426305226_a6bdd77737.jpgIMG_2446 by brandon bloxham, on Flickr

49426529007_7b1e038dfe.jpgIMG_2445 by brandon bloxham, on Flickr

49426529077_772c59bf47.jpgIMG_2435 by brandon bloxham, on Flickr

Usually cosmetics are not the first thing I worry about, more of a function > Form guy. However, with this car the first thing I want to do is get those front plate holes filled and painted, Its driving me crazy. Not a fan of the pinstripe either.

Then probably a few suspension bits, exhaust, and wheels. Nothing crazy.

I'm torn between wanting 18s with some meaty tires or 19s, these fenders are so damn big.

Edited by BrandonCB

I know this is an old thread but here we go...

-2011 Premium 2.5 6MT

-Male 48

-police officer

-first subaru won't be the last

-future mod, swap a 3.6 engine, turbocharge and take it from there, also i want a 2015-17 forester 6MT and swap a FA24 engine

Hi,

I feel like am afew years late to this post. Just joined the forum.

30 y.o, Male, Accountant.

Am not a new subaru owner, I've had an impreza before, this is my first legacy though. Just bought a 2012 legacy DIT imported from the JDM.

The Legacy came with legacy bilstein suspension. Swapped with outback suspension, it has larger clearance now. It came with 225/40R19 tires on 19 inch Rays forged Rims. Changed the tires to 245/40R19.

Glad to be part of the group

Hey

How has the suspension swap affected the handling?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2011 legacy Caramel Bronze Pearl

30 yes young

Warehouse Associate

First Subie

Subaru All Weather Mats so far. I would love to turbo it. I just went to the Northeast auto show and would love to find a way to get the new funnels to an oem intercooler for that stealthy n/a look but I doubt that is going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2011 legacy Caramel Bronze Pearl

30 yes young

Warehouse Associate

First Subie

Subaru All Weather Mats so far. I would love to turbo it. I just went to the Northeast auto show and would love to find a way to get the new funnels to an oem intercooler for that stealthy n/a look but I doubt that is going to happen.

Unusual color...I have never seen one "in the flesh"....post up some pics.

Oh yeah, and forget the turbo idea....been discussed to death and it is just a non starter.....lots of money for almost no results.

Welcome to the forum :)

2013 Graphite Grey

31 and still a child

Currently back in grad school for biz supply chains/ops sustainability - but previously an environmental consultant

Third Subie; learned to drive on a ' 90 legacy wagon 5mt, then 04 35th anni legacy 5mt. Both passed away well before their time was up...

Not going to performance mod it. I've already stuck in interior LEDs, plan for headlights and other exterior LEDs, swapped fluids (steering, oil, brake, soon to do trans), and going to swap in my 04's atoto a6 touchscreen once I figure out how to address amp issues!

Love the community already. Keep the info flowing, getting into petty arguments, and talking shit - that's what makes a forum great. Glad to be here.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Unusual color...I have never seen one "in the flesh"....post up some pics.

Oh yeah, and forget the turbo idea....been discussed to death and it is just a non starter.....lots of money for almost no results.

Welcome to the forum :)

Oh that is good to know!0b161ea08965f60904c5ff3b66462e22.jpg665ace12a3d687788a5d82cb53d10310.jpg

Didn't mean to rain on your turbo idea, but there is pretty much nothing that can be done for reasonable money that will get extra power out of our 2.5i Leggys. We have a 2.5i and a 3.6R in the family.....if you want to "Upgrade" your 2.5i, spend your time and $$$$ on handling and braking.... bigger rear sway bar (20 mm STi or Whiteline 22 mm) maybe wider, lighter wheels and better tires....add in some bigger brakes.

Exhaust set-ups add some nice sound but do nothing for power.

Nice lookin' ride....enjoy it :)

• 8 months later...
On the way back home tonight from WV, I was on US522 southbound outside Winchester VA and ended up behind a fifth gen GT, grey, Invidia exhaust (N, not Q, I’m guessing), VA plates, and a dealer sticker on the trunk lid that said Lehigh Valley Imports. They made a light that I didn’t so only had a brief look in the dark but it appeared to be in good shape. Who dat?

• 1 month later...

Loved reading through this thread and seeing the range of people who love these cars.

2010 Legacy GT Limited - Graphite Grey Metallic

Male - 30

Mental Health Counselor

Third Subaru so far. Previous Subarus included a mostly stock 2000 2.5rs and a completely stock 2005 2.5rs. Love the Legacy.

Mods: 20mm WRX rsb, Perrin Shifter Bushing, Bilstein Coilovers (currently uninstalled due to clunk)

Goals: Access Port, Koyorad radiator, verticooler, other suspension upgrades..etc.,

On the way back home tonight from WV, I was on US522 southbound outside Winchester VA and ended up behind a fifth gen GT, grey, Invidia exhaust (N, not Q, I’m guessing), VA plates, and a dealer sticker on the trunk lid that said Lehigh Valley Imports. They made a light that I didn’t so only had a brief look in the dark but it appeared to be in good shape. Who dat?

might be the one i've seen in the city in richmond. 522's a nice stretch to take a ride on, and easy to get to from here. don't think the owner's on here though

• 4 weeks later...

I've always found a lot of good knowledge in forums. This one has been no different so far.

2010 Legacy GT Limited - Black/Ivory

Male - 46

Supplier Quality Engineer

First Subaru--I've always been a Honda/Acura guy. This was an umodded, low mileage, one owner, w/fastidious dealer service history--down to the light bulbs

Mods: Window Tint

Goals: Accessport, Perrin STS/bushing/stop, WRX rims, Turbo-back exhaust. I want this to be a dad-spec sleeper DD that goes 0-60 in ~4.5s.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Evening Everyone

I'm 28 years old, this is my first Subaru with 2.5 L from 2012

So I bought my Subaru half year ago I changed trims from 16" original on 18" STI version + adapters

look like this

137521834-761153824498937-3920506916907434332-n.jpg

137330175-445957109895175-8776182735940500076-n.jpg

136974361-403890294160072-4673741837909821971-n.jpg

136720488-2555405731424310-7751898760213438861-n.jpg

I don't have now more photos because I broke my old phone so I lost everything...

Regards !

Edited by grac3k